Cameron
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 12:09:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Cameron
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Cameron  (Read 829 times)
The Man From G.O.P.
TJN2024
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 31, 2007, 02:01:19 PM »

BBC and other sites have a report about him getting slammed by other Conservatives daily, and it's starting to bother me, Brits, what's the real situation over there?

I'm swaying inbetween him dragging the Thatcherites kicking and screaming into reality, or he's overstepped his sway and might really be causing a disasterous division?

Is it one of those? a combination? or something else?
afleitch
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2007, 02:21:39 PM »

BBC and other sites have a report about him getting slammed by other Conservatives daily, and it's starting to bother me, Brits, what's the real situation over there?

I'm swaying inbetween him dragging the Thatcherites kicking and screaming into reality, or he's overstepped his sway and might really be causing a disasterous division?

Is it one of those? a combination? or something else?

The party has a horrible discipline problem, a problematic web presence (in the form of comments posted on ConHome liberally lifted by centre-left media hacks) and is caught between political 'silly season' and the Brown bounce (which has seen - I am not kidding - a news item about his choice of tie)

Here's an example of how this works. Ali Miraj denounces Cameron on ConHome and is loudly condemned. Story is picked up by the BBC and run as breaking news in time for some of the early editions of the newspapers. Cameron appears on the BBC this morning, scheduled, to talk about education, but instead has to talk about internal party politics. Cameron states that Miraj had requested a peerage, Cameron turned him down and within hours was writing on ConHome against Cameron. Cameron sets the record straight, but his education speech is drowned out.

Most of these diatribes would not have been made public, if it were not for this lack of discipline. The media climate is also poor. Cameron for example was attacked for not 'visiting the floods' by the Daily Mail (Editor - Paul Dacre, friend of Gordon - wants a knighthood) despite spending a weekend home in Witney, yet Brown made a flying visit on the Monday and didn't get wet. The way that story was reported was just downright unfair and innacurate and had some supporters of other parties even crying fowl when it broke on PB (it also had people in Witney looking rather puzzled)

Infact may I also add; Brown talks about Darfur and genocide = good. Cameron visiting Rwanda to learn abour genocide and relate it to Darfur = bad. Why bad? Because Cameron left the country on a trip with activists planned for the best part of a year and didn't visit the flooding. Only of course, he did....

Okay rant over.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies