PA 2010 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:48:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  PA 2010 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: PA 2010  (Read 3564 times)
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« on: August 12, 2007, 09:09:59 PM »

No.....nonononononono....Oh lord no! Not CBK! Oh we gotta get someone stronger than her in the Democratic Primary. Anybody that can beat her. Knoll in the Governor's Mansion? What a horrible nightmare.

It would be hilarious. It would be a real win-win for the GOP (since Knoll satisfies us for laughs and is conservative).

I wish people knew how truly nuts (and conservative) she really is.  I'd actually vote for Bill Scranton if it was a race between CBK and her.  That said I could not see CBK running.  She'd get trounced in the primary unless Rendell backs her.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2007, 07:38:16 PM »

General article about the possibile candidates in 2010...but Speedy should read this one to find out what the last two paragraphs says  Wink  -  http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07224/808855-178.stm

Interesting note about Wagner - The idea of him running for the Senate was brought up. This may happen if the Dems are divided going into 2010. It would be a party compromise. If this was to happen, the Dems would have a socially conservative Dem challenging a liberal Republican. Wagner could attract significant conservative Republican support. As pointed out in the article, Wagner is in the mold of Casey (Wagner happened to be Casey's unofficial running mate in the 2002 primary but he narrowly lost to CBK). Wagner as a Senate candidate sets up a very interesting General but an even more interesting primary - Schwartz vs. Wagner. Talk about a fight...

I think Schwartz would beat Wagner, but I'd have to see a divisive race.  I'm also afraid Schwartz would be Joe Hoeffel-like cannon fodder if Specter decides to run again.  I could also see a conservative primary challenger for Specter.  As for me, I'd likely vote Specter in a Specter-Wagner scenario, but my vote is up for debate there.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies