Electoral College: any changes coming? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:09:53 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Process (Moderator: muon2)
  Electoral College: any changes coming? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Electoral College: any changes coming?  (Read 36714 times)
Ryan
ryanmasc

« on: November 17, 2003, 03:03:49 AM »

Good idea to start the discussion!

The site you are looking for is http://www.ncsl.org/

More specifically
http://www.ncsl.org/ncsldb/elect98/partcomp.cfm?yearsel=2004

for control of legislatures. Yes Ne and Me are the only states so far to have a different system. As to who is considering it? We'll I'm guessing all the states controlled by one party, but which usually votes for the opposite party for President have it in mnd but no one is actively considering legislation.

I do remember legislation to this effect being intoduced in North Carolina (by a democrat of course) It must have died a natural death when the GOP took the lower chamber in 2002.

Ryan
ryanmasc

« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2003, 03:35:03 AM »

Y'know I was just going through the list of states contolled by a major party and voting for the other and realised its really in the democrats interest to start pushing such plans.

The GOP does not completely control a single state that is a near cert for the democrat candidate. (if you consider control to include the Gov and the legislature)

Whereas the dems control at least 2 such states now- Oklahoma and Louisiana (from next year Miss. right now) and also Tennessee (if I were a dem strategist I would pefer Tenn. to have elec vote by district)

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies