What if John Kerry was Al Gore's Running Mate in 2000?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 07:00:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs?
  Past Election What-ifs (US) (Moderator: Dereich)
  What if John Kerry was Al Gore's Running Mate in 2000?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: What if John Kerry was Al Gore's Running Mate in 2000?  (Read 12426 times)
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -5.23, S: -2.52

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: June 11, 2010, 05:08:53 PM »

Which claim? Look all I'm saying is that if Kerry were Gore's running mate in 2000 we would've had to listen to his crazy flashbacks 4 years earlier than we did.

True, but his flashbacks weren't crazy and were completely true. It is only the GOP's manipulation and lies about those flashbacks which were false and slanderous. Shame on the GOp for ruining Kerry's good name and service to our country. At least Kerry had the guts to actually serve in Vietnam and fight the Commies, in contrast to Bush, who was too much of a coward to fight in Vietnam so he decided to use his daddy's connections to serve in the National Guard instead. So Bush is afraid to fight in wars to protect our citizens yet is unafraid to start them, especially unnecessary ones.

Kerry committed treason by meeting with the North Vietnamese without our permission. Bush busted his ass for the Texas Air National Guard. Daddy's connections are only a figment of the left's imagination. I guess that a document being proven false doesn't matter for the left because they want it to be true. Bush defended this country as he saw necessary. The intelligence reports showed WMD and we found them.

Bush was a draft dodger, he didnt even go to drill, and yes his daddy got him in the guar because at that time it took an act of congress to join the guard of the reserves. You live in a fantasy land. And there were never any weapons, and no we never found any. In Febuary 2003 Saddam met with senior military leaders and informed them there were no weapons, and they were stunned because they were counting on them to fight the Allies.

Clinton was a draft dodger and he hardly denies it. Bush served during Vietnam but was not a Vietnam Veteran. What do you think of Blumenthal? Never mind that's off topic. Bush served while Kerry committed war crimes. I do know however that Saddam Hussein and Donald Rumsfeld played poker together as late as September of 2003. Rumsfeld resigned right before it would've been investigated that he was getting carbon credits from Palestine.

Both Bush and Clinton were draft dodgers. Kerry didn't commit treason. And how can Bush serve in Vietnam without being a Vietnam War veteran?.....Oh wait, Bush didn't serve in Vietnam. How can Saddam Hussein and Rumsfeld play poker after the U.S. invaded Iraq and Saddam was in hiding? Rumself getting carbon credits from Palestine? What the heck? And Joe is Joe Republic, a.k.a. Jeff Vader, to whose question you never responded.

Well what was his question? And yes there have been stories at high levels of government that Rumsfeld secretly met with Saddam 6 months after the invasion of Iraq. I never said Bush was a Vietnam Veteran. I said that he served during Vietnam meaning as a part time naval pilot in the Texas Air National Guard. As far as I'm concerned, Bush's service in the Texas Air National Guard doesn't qualify him as a Vietnam Veteran but does not make him a draft dodger. We are forever indebted for his service. Kerry was only a hero to the North Vietnamese as his behavior motivated them to kill our men and spread communism.

This was Joe's (Jeff Vader's question), which you never responded to:

Do you have proof for that claim, Derek?  It must be said that your other assertions in the past have been... well... baloney.

He flew Jane Fonda around in Vietnam...

... he earned himself a spot in the North Vietnamese War Museum dedicated to the northern victory in the 70's.

BTW, you watching Fox News and then spreading all these lies about Kerry is a large reason why people on this Forum don't take you seriously. Just saying.

I've talked to the higher ups in the government and no I don't have proof that I talked to them. Whatever happened to trust? I guess that's part of what's been changed in America since last year.

You still didn't answer Joe's question. Stop rambling nonsense.
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #51 on: June 11, 2010, 05:09:37 PM »

Haven't you seen the pictures of them together?
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #52 on: June 11, 2010, 05:13:16 PM »

Those pictures were fake.
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #53 on: June 12, 2010, 10:37:34 PM »

Not as fake as the documents that Dan Rather blurted out on CBS referring to Bush going AWOL. That paper was typed in microsoft which wasn't out until 1975, but they were dated 1972. I'll agree that the pictures were fake if you admit to me RIGHT NOW that the documents falsely accusing Bush of going AWOL were fake and that there is NO PROOF that Bush missed any assignments or meetings in the national guard.
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #54 on: June 13, 2010, 12:54:35 AM »

Not as fake as the documents that Dan Rather blurted out on CBS referring to Bush going AWOL. That paper was typed in microsoft which wasn't out until 1975, but they were dated 1972. I'll agree that the pictures were fake if you admit to me RIGHT NOW that the documents falsely accusing Bush of going AWOL were fake and that there is NO PROOF that Bush missed any assignments or meetings in the national guard.

I agree that Dan Rather's documents were forgeries. However, the photos of Kerry with Jane Fonda were forgeries as well.
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #55 on: June 13, 2010, 01:04:12 AM »

I agree that Dan Rather's documents were forgeries. However, the photos of Kerry with Jane Fonda were forgeries as well.

glad to have this discussion
RosettaStoned
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.45, S: -5.91

« Reply #56 on: June 13, 2010, 01:58:35 AM »

Bush still wins.
Magic 8-Ball
mrk
YaBB God
Czech Republic

« Reply #57 on: June 13, 2010, 02:14:39 AM »

Nothing important changes.
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #58 on: June 13, 2010, 02:21:00 AM »

If Kerry were the nominee for VP in 2000, he wouldn't have gotten the 2004 nomination for president either. His ties to Al Gore who was insane by that point would've given the nomination to Howard Dean most likely.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies