Last time an anti-war candidate won a Presidential race in wartime? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:27:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Last time an anti-war candidate won a Presidential race in wartime? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Last time an anti-war candidate won a Presidential race in wartime?  (Read 23882 times)
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« on: August 10, 2007, 10:10:48 AM »

Eisenhower promised to end the Korean War in 1952.
Nixon promised "Peace with Honor" in 1968.
Bush was pro-war in 2004, but so was his opponent.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2007, 01:01:45 PM »

And now, with his arguments hopelessly crushed, Mike Naso will never be seen again in this topic, tacitly admitting defeat. Tongue

I'm sorry, are you an American?

In all seriousness, my point stands. The 2008 Democrats are staunchly anti-war...especially Obama and Edwards...and so is the base. If the race is between pro-choice pro-war Hillary and pro-choice pro-war Giuliani...it will be interesting.

Your point doesn't stand. I've aleady proven that the anti-war candidate won in 52 and 68, and the main reason they didn't win in 2004 is because none of the anti-war candidates (Badnarik, Cobb, Peroutka, and Nader) were endorsed by a major party. However, it is worth pointing out that only Kucinich, Gravel, and Paul are genuinely anti-war. The rest are only pretending to be for political reasons.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2007, 01:16:16 PM »

Which war was this? Unless are you counting the situation where Reagan cut and ran from Lebanon after terrorists killed 243 Marines? I have a cousin who was in the Marines there, and he still hates Reagan for how he handled that.

I'm talking about the Cold War...by the way....which side were you on during the Cold War??

Ummmmm, the Cold War wasn't an actual war.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies