Last time an anti-war candidate won a Presidential race in wartime? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 07:10:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Last time an anti-war candidate won a Presidential race in wartime? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Last time an anti-war candidate won a Presidential race in wartime?  (Read 23846 times)
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« on: July 16, 2009, 01:42:43 AM »

Which war was this? Unless are you counting the situation where Reagan cut and ran from Lebanon after terrorists killed 243 Marines? I have a cousin who was in the Marines there, and he still hates Reagan for how he handled that.

I'm talking about the Cold War...by the way....which side were you on during the Cold War??

Kid, you're too young to remember the cold war.   Though I wonder which side you would have been on - had you been born in a different decade and nation.  Given your affinity for hardcore authoritarianism, you probably would have made an excellent Soviet communist - never questioning the party line and shaming your comrades while they drank their vodka and muttered about the miserable working conditions.    Da?

*You do realize that the neo-conservative movement you follow was born out of Trotskyism, don't you? 

** You do also remember who claimed that political power flowed out of the barrel of a gun, comrade.  Don't you.   Stripped of labels, he might also be a hero of yours given your authoritarian mindset.

Amazingly true post here.

Naso would have been a loyal Marxist-Leninist.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies