Local Election Maps (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 09:13:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Local Election Maps (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Local Election Maps  (Read 68806 times)
doktorb
United Kingdom

« on: March 11, 2012, 08:19:21 AM »

Good to see this thread back

Such a shame about Vote UK

Can we start a slow takeover of this forum Wink
doktorb
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2012, 01:07:47 PM »

Maps of the UK regions by ward on 2011 boundaries have been uploaded on wiki, enabling this:

Smiley

Absolutely superb. Very, very impressive.

I think the map for Preston has one error on it .   Can you check Preston? That map has LibDems winning Ingol and Lea, which is not what happened?
doktorb
United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2012, 05:48:10 AM »

Lancashire County Council election, 2009
Divisions shaped to represent the majority of the winning party

doktorb
United Kingdom

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2013, 01:58:21 PM »

I wonder how our international readers will take to an electoral ward called "Little Hoole and Much Hoole" Cheesy

South Ribble really is.....well, bless it, it's bonkers. Things aren't helped by having "all out" elections, so swings are usually extreme at the best of times.

Leyland and Farington swinged (....swanged.....swang.....) in such bonkers ways because of one big local issue - a waste disposal/recycling site of some substantial size built on the boundary between the two towns. I worked in Farington at the time and on the walk to the bus stop sometimes the stench was insane. A spokesman for the plant suggested that local residents who didn't like the smell to use air freshener more often :rolleyes:

Prior to the construction, you had Lancashire County Council investigating itself into the planning application, the LibDems protesting against the construction (hence them doing well in that year), and then once the thing finally got beat someone had to suffer the electoral blame....

The boundary of Leyland St Ambrose cuts Buckshaw Village in half. That's the brand new, slightly Truman Show village being built on what was military ordnance property - all super modern houses with thin walls and themed street names, that sort of thing. The local authority boundary cuts it right down the middle and so at one point I assume this will have to be  resolved....
doktorb
United Kingdom

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2013, 12:44:07 PM »

Can anyone spot the former fishing port?

Wink Smiley
doktorb
United Kingdom

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2013, 07:43:56 AM »

That Lancaster cartograph thing is joyous.
doktorb
United Kingdom

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2013, 08:13:40 PM »

:bows down:

That's immense!

Just in case the image has been made unavailable or disabled, here it is again. But I have to say, I love your map Andrew Smiley The way Preston is increased and the other wards seem to "pull" towards there is amazing!

doktorb
United Kingdom

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2013, 01:31:24 PM »

Further south, Oval ward in Vauxhall is known throughout the world as the location of the [insert sponsor's name here] Oval cricket ground, home of Surrey cricket club and traditional location for the final Test match of the English cricket season.
Pro hint: The vast majority of those people who don't care about cricket have never heard of it. Most people around the world have barely even heard of cricket. 
Wink
That's not exactly true. Around here, no one cares about cricket, but it's still reasonably known as a weird sport played by Englishmen.

It's not a weird sport.

There is, I admit, something weird in so many people waking up at half-3 in the morning to listen to the BBC Radio commentary of the most recent one-day test Smiley Tongue
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies