Private schools
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 10:36:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Private schools
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
Author Topic: Private schools  (Read 13429 times)
Bandit3 the Worker
bandit73
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -9.92

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: July 28, 2004, 04:43:17 PM »

I think we were allowed using the vending machines in the lunchroom, but not at lunchtime.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #101 on: July 28, 2004, 05:02:32 PM »

I think we were allowed using the vending machines in the lunchroom, but not at lunchtime.

Ok, now you were oppressed, lol. The most oppressive thing about my school was the dress code - standard fair, except you couldn't have any piercings(except ears for girls) or dye your hair an unnatural color, not that I used these things but I still think the rules were dumb.
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #102 on: July 28, 2004, 06:06:26 PM »

Ok, now you were oppressed, lol. The most oppressive thing about my school was the dress code - standard fair, except you couldn't have any piercings(except ears for girls) or dye your hair an unnatural color, not that I used these things but I still think the rules were dumb.

We have those same rules, I wonder what they would actually do if I turned up with pink hair with blue polka-dots *wanders off muttering* now there's a thought. Wink.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #103 on: July 28, 2004, 06:25:44 PM »

We have those same rules, I wonder what they would actually do if I turned up with pink hair with blue polka-dots *wanders off muttering* now there's a thought. Wink.

At my school they'd just send you home. Tongue
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #104 on: July 29, 2004, 12:57:32 AM »

Most schools have mandatory student IDs the kids have to carry at all times.  Mine had mandatory IDs that were also lunch cards, and the school had cameras.

I never attended a public school that had any of this. I'm sure they have it now, but 20 years ago we had a lot more freedom. A LOT[/i] more!

After Columbine security got a lot tougher. Kids don't have as many freedoms as they should.

How much freedom should children really have? I mean they are only children. When you have children you will understand that giving children to much freedom is a very bad idea.
Bandit3 the Worker
bandit73
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #105 on: July 29, 2004, 01:01:31 AM »

"Only children." The usual B.S.

Yeah, they're "only children." They'll never be worth anything, you seem to be saying.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #106 on: July 29, 2004, 01:29:46 AM »

Yeah, they're "only children." They'll never be worth anything, you seem to be saying.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #107 on: July 29, 2004, 01:31:17 AM »

Now lets not put words into my mouth please. What I am saying is children under the age of 18 do not have the same legal rights as those past that age. Children should be slightly protected from the outside world yet they still should be shown how rough the world is. My opinion is children are growing up far to soon.
Bandit3 the Worker
bandit73
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #108 on: July 29, 2004, 01:33:51 AM »

The Constitution doesn't say the Bill of Rights doesn't apply if you're under 18.

America needs to stop treating children like property.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #109 on: July 29, 2004, 01:51:28 AM »

The Constitution doesn't say the Bill of Rights doesn't apply if you're under 18.

Children aren't property but they certainly are supposed to respect their parents.
Posterity
Rookie

« Reply #110 on: July 31, 2004, 01:46:39 AM »

Private schools absolutely should NOT be banned.  Parents have every right to enroll their children in a school that teaches what the parents think is important.  I shudder at the thought of giving the government an absolute monopoly on education.

And if it's the public school system that is teaching kids to believe that individual choice must be eradicated for the sake of the common good, then it is the public school system that must be banned.  Yes, we live in an inter-dependent society, but individual choice plays an important role in maintaining a civil society and provides the impetus for innovation and the progressive improvement of society.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #111 on: July 31, 2004, 10:39:11 AM »

So, you are saying that a five year old has the right to bear arms then? The right to own a gun and form militias?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies