Counties you have been to that no other Atlasian has
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:18:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Counties you have been to that no other Atlasian has
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
Author Topic: Counties you have been to that no other Atlasian has  (Read 10722 times)
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 19, 2007, 02:00:37 PM »

Here are some guesses for me in Minnesota, though snowguy probably has a bunch of these:

Goodhue
Dodge
Lincoln
Lyon
Watonwan
Big Stone
Swift
Chippewa

And some in North Dakota, though MHS probably has some of these, but he hasn't posted in awhile. I bet I'm the only other poster who has been to his old home county of Ward too:

Sioux
Emmons
Sheridan
Wells
Eddy
Foster
Slope
Bowman
Dickey
Lamoure
Jaggerjack
Fabian_the_Fastman
Thailand

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: -4.00

« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2007, 02:01:55 PM »

Lemme guess... Shasta, Butte
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -5.57

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2007, 02:03:30 PM »

a bunch in Florida
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2007, 03:06:16 PM »

Can't say if I'm the only Atlasian to have been there, but here are some that I'm certain that no more than one or two of you have been in.

In Georgia, I'll list Baldwin, Ben Hill, Burke, Colquitt, Dougherty, Glascock, Hancock, Irwin, Jefferson, Johnson, Putnam, Telfair, Worth (and possibly Screven save for those old enough to have traveled before I-95).

I've been to every South Carolina county, but I'll only list Saluda, since that's the one I consider least likely for people to have visited, as it's off the Interstate and has nothing touristy there.

In North Carolina, I'll hazard Pamlico and Beaufort counties as possibilities, as I doubt there is anyone else who chose to take a country drive on NC 306 just to go over a couple of ferries.
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2007, 05:42:50 PM »

Here are some guesses for me in Minnesota, though snowguy probably has a bunch of these:

Goodhue I went to college 7 miles away and biked frequently, plus the drive through Red Wing is my favorite alternative to I 94 between Mpls and Chicago.

Dodge MN 56 to US 14 was the back way from Northfield to Rochester.

Watonwan One of my best friends from college lived one county to the west, so MN 60 through this county was the way to get there.

I can remove some from your list. My comments are in italics.
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2007, 05:51:55 PM »

I've been to Shasta.

I haven't been to Salem County, and there's no other county in NJ so out of the way that none of you would have been to it. Maybe Somerset or Franklin County, Maine?
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2007, 05:53:11 PM »

hmm... Renfrew County, Ontario
Jaggerjack
Fabian_the_Fastman
Thailand

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: -4.00

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2007, 06:33:48 PM »

I've been to Shasta.

I haven't been to Salem County, and there's no other county in NJ so out of the way that none of you would have been to it. Maybe Somerset or Franklin County, Maine?
You've been in Redding?
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2007, 06:36:57 PM »

I've been to Shasta.

I bet between you and all the other NJ posters every county in NJ has been visited.
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2007, 07:54:25 PM »

Probably any rural Arkansas county not on the interstate.
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2007, 07:57:14 PM »
« Edited: August 19, 2007, 08:02:02 PM by Verily »

I've been to Shasta.

You've been in Redding?

There are few places in California where I do not have relatives, and I've made day trips to most of the others. (Although even before my second cousin moved to Redding, I had been through Shasta County to Mount Lassen when I was kid.)
Boris
boris78
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2007, 08:04:53 PM »

Probably none. The furthest downstate I've been is Springfield, and Muon's obviously been there. So unless he takes a different route than I do Tongue
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2007, 09:04:21 PM »
« Edited: August 19, 2007, 09:19:48 PM by Alcon »

I slept in Redding.  What a craphole.  It's on I-5, though, so lots of people have probably been there.

I imagine I'm probably alone on Skamania and Wahkiakum counties, WA.  Maybe Hood River, OR, too?
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2007, 09:16:59 PM »

Ive been to all of the counties in Florida.  There has to be one that nobody's been to, maybe Alachua?
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2007, 09:20:03 PM »

Can't say if I'm the only Atlasian to have been there, but here are some that I'm certain that no more than one or two of you have been in.

In Georgia, I'll list Baldwin, Ben Hill, Burke, Colquitt, Dougherty, Glascock, Hancock, Irwin, Jefferson, Johnson, Putnam, Telfair, Worth (and possibly Screven save for those old enough to have traveled before I-95).

I've been to every South Carolina county, but I'll only list Saluda, since that's the one I consider least likely for people to have visited, as it's off the Interstate and has nothing touristy there.

In North Carolina, I'll hazard Pamlico and Beaufort counties as possibilities, as I doubt there is anyone else who chose to take a country drive on NC 306 just to go over a couple of ferries.

I've been to Beaufort  :-D

I bet nobody has been to Charles, St. Mary's, or Calvert County In Maryland.
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2007, 09:22:16 PM »

been to all three
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2007, 09:24:27 PM »

Ive been to all of the counties in Florida.  There has to be one that nobody's been to, maybe Alachua?

If there's one, it's definitely not that one. It'd be some rural podunk one in the middle of nowhere.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2007, 09:26:54 PM »

been to all three

lol, darn it.  I live in Charles.  What were you doing here?
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2007, 10:37:54 PM »

been to all three

lol, darn it.  I live in Charles.  What were you doing here?

I've been through Charles as well, taking US 301 to get to Baltimore (where my mother's family is from) while avoiding the mess known as I-95/I-495, since we would normally have hit Washington at rush hour had we stayed on I-95.
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2007, 10:43:05 PM »

Probably none. The furthest downstate I've been is Springfield, and Muon's obviously been there. So unless he takes a different route than I do Tongue

I have been there many ways, just to try different scenery. Since I frequently stay in Peoria, I often pass through Stark Co., IL. Anyone been there?

Last weekend I went to the original state capital of IL, Kaskaskia, the only incorporated place in IL west of the Mississippi. It's in Randolph Co, IL, the home of Popeye. Anyone been there?
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2007, 12:16:00 AM »
« Edited: August 20, 2007, 12:18:09 AM by Verily »

I have been there many ways, just to try different scenery. Since I frequently stay in Peoria, I often pass through Stark Co., IL. Anyone been there?

Last weekend I went to the original state capital of IL, Kaskaskia, the only incorporated place in IL west of the Mississippi. It's in Randolph Co, IL, the home of Popeye. Anyone been there?

I'll assume you've been to Decatur, and therefore to Macon County, IL. My "most obscure place in IL" goes to Warrensburg, IL, but it shares a county with Decatur.

Oh, and the Delaware Memorial Bridge is at the north end of Salem County, NJ, so I have actually been there, as probably have a lot of other people. Oh well.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2007, 12:45:25 AM »

I went to summer camp one year in Vilas, WI. Very remote and obscure.
CultureKing
United States

« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2007, 01:14:54 AM »
« Edited: August 20, 2007, 01:17:13 AM by CultureKing »

I slept in Redding.  What a craphole.  It's on I-5, though, so lots of people have probably been there.

I imagine I'm probably alone on Skamania and Wahkiakum counties, WA.  Maybe Hood River, OR, too?
Nope, I got you on those (been to all of them). I have personally been to all the counties in Western Washington & Oregon. Also I have been to out of the rare ones Okanogan, Ferry, Garfield and a number of others in Eastern Oregon and Washington (also a splattering of counties in Idaho and Montana...)
DWPerry
Puerto Rico

« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2007, 02:17:07 AM »

anyone else been to Big Horn County, or Rosebud County, MT?
Clinch County, GA?
Sumter County, GA?

I'm sure I'll think of a few other "obscure places"
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2007, 02:34:29 AM »

Here are some obscure ones for me:

Hinsdale, CO