Counties you have been to that no other Atlasian has (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 10:28:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Counties you have been to that no other Atlasian has (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Counties you have been to that no other Atlasian has  (Read 10844 times)
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« on: September 18, 2007, 09:37:26 AM »

I don't know where all in the state Clay and Dibble have travelled, but I'll guess Gilmer, Murray, Oconee, Oglethorpe, Walton and Wheeler.

You got Gilmer and Walton right for me.  Smiley

The counties I've been to that no one else has....Fannin, maybe?

Or even my current home, Dawson County.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2007, 12:48:02 PM »

I've driven through Dawson on GA 53, driving up to Elijay.

I think I've never been to Fannin. Not sure.

Have you ever been to Barrow County, Clay? I've always been curious as to what my hometown is like from the perspective of an outsider.

What was your impression of Dawson?  There's not a whole lot here.

Yep, I've been to Winder many times actually.  My sister and brother-in-law used to live there and I'd visit a lot.  I thought it was a nice enough place.  It's been a few years now, but I remember thinking that it seemed like a really small but cool city.  And driving through downtown Winder (I think it was downtown anyway...).  There were a bunch of businesses and restaurants and stuff right off the street and not adequate parking.  But there was this one sandwich and bar type place that was really good.

I also go to Monroe a lot, which I think is like right next to Winder, isn't it?  I'm really not sure, but I know it's pretty close anyway.  And it's real close to Athens too.  But my sister lives there now, as well as my grandparents, so I go quite often.

BTW, Fannin Co is where Blue Ridge is.  It's north GA, bordering with TN.  I have another set of grandparents who live there and I'm up there all the time.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2007, 09:05:25 AM »

To be honest, I don't remember much of Dawson. It was several years back and my dad decided to take a different route up to Elijay. If I recall, I was actually reading a book through the whole county.

And yeah, there's not much parking in the downtown area at all; though I've heard there's going to be a parking garage built at some point in the future. By the way- sandwich and bar type place in downtown? Loco's, maybe? I love that place.

And Monroe is only 20 minutes down GA 11. I've got several friends down there, and I had some family living there at one point.

I could be wrong, but didn't you live in Dahlonega at one point? That's a nice place.

Loco's, that was it.

No, I've never lived in Dahlonega, but it's real close to me.  I used to live in Snellville...all my life really until just a couple years ago...in Gwinnett County.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies