FOX cost Gore the election (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:34:21 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results
  2000 U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  FOX cost Gore the election (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: FOX cost Gore the election  (Read 13043 times)
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -0.05

« on: July 26, 2004, 05:56:53 PM »

I was watching "Outfoxed" and some guy said something completely true, IMHO. He said that FOX's and then the other networks decisions to call Florida for Bush at 2 AM even though you really couldn't tell from the data, led to a perception throughout the legal battle that Bush was the current winner and Gore was trying to knock him off. That perception may have hurt Gore more than any legal mistake or something of the sort.

The fact that Bush had more votes had absolutely nothing to do with it.

I suggest the democrats move on, its over.

you are correct: it is over.  However, the FACT is that Gore had MORE VOTES.  Just making sure you know the FACTS.

The point of the thread is valid, however, although it may not have changed the result (we'll never really know that one).  The biggest impact may have been the impact of Gore "seeming" to be the loser, before that was clear, causing the perception of him to be more negative.

More people may have gone to the polls intending to vote for Gore, but if they are unable to figure out a ballot and too proud to ask for help, they forfeit their right to vote.

O, so now Republicans want to discriminate against dumb people? You guys are really elitist.

Well, if you are too dumb to use the voting machine correctly, I really don't want you choosing who runs the country.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies