FOX cost Gore the election (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 01:09:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results
  2000 U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  FOX cost Gore the election (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: FOX cost Gore the election  (Read 13049 times)
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« on: July 26, 2004, 06:56:27 AM »

I was watching "Outfoxed" and some guy said something completely true, IMHO. He said that FOX's and then the other networks decisions to call Florida for Bush at 2 AM even though you really couldn't tell from the data, led to a perception throughout the legal battle that Bush was the current winner and Gore was trying to knock him off. That perception may have hurt Gore more than any legal mistake or something of the sort.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2004, 04:04:04 PM »

I was watching "Outfoxed" and some guy said something completely true, IMHO. He said that FOX's and then the other networks decisions to call Florida for Bush at 2 AM even though you really couldn't tell from the data, led to a perception throughout the legal battle that Bush was the current winner and Gore was trying to knock him off. That perception may have hurt Gore more than any legal mistake or something of the sort.

The fact that Bush had more votes had absolutely nothing to do with it.

I suggest the democrats move on, its over.

you are correct: it is over.  However, the FACT is that Gore had MORE VOTES.  Just making sure you know the FACTS.

The point of the thread is valid, however, although it may not have changed the result (we'll never really know that one).  The biggest impact may have been the impact of Gore "seeming" to be the loser, before that was clear, causing the perception of him to be more negative.

More people may have gone to the polls intending to vote for Gore, but if they are unable to figure out a ballot and too proud to ask for help, they forfeit their right to vote.

O, so now Republicans want to discriminate against dumb people? You guys are really elitist.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2004, 04:36:16 PM »

I will NOT get over an election stealing, ever. If Gore had stolen the election, you would not be over it, so why should us Democrats bend over backwards? We will never forget Florida 2000.

Never Forget. Always Remember. Always make sure we don't experience the same pain again. Always pray Katherine Harris gets run over by a car. Never, ever forget.

(Just kidding about the Harris thing)
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2004, 06:06:20 AM »

I will NOT get over an election stealing, ever. If Gore had stolen the election, you would not be over it, so why should us Democrats bend over backwards? We will never forget Florida 2000.

Never Forget. Always Remember. Always make sure we don't experience the same pain again.

Yes always remember. Remember counting the ballots over and over and over and over...and remember after ALL THOSE RECOUNTS....Gore still lost the state of Florida and the election.

You guys are sort of making my point. By calling Florida for Bush at 2 AM, and then retracting it, it led to the perception that Bush was ahead, and Gore was trying to catch up to him. The state was too close to call the entire time.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2004, 09:13:49 PM »

Democrats cheeted in 1960, Republicans cheeted in 2000, now we're even.

Whatever happened in Illinios didn't cost Nixon the election.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2004, 09:16:25 AM »

That's really pitiful. If there is one thing I am unhappy with Gore about, it is the fact that he didn't contest everything more so than he did.  
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies