if you could create your own political party?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:37:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  if you could create your own political party?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: if you could create your own political party?  (Read 10888 times)
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 3.61, S: -1.74

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: July 28, 2004, 11:30:20 PM »

Firstly, I'm not a Dem.

Second, a lot of people that are rich can do to have their taxes higher than those who are poor. It's called a progressive tax structure.

Thirdly, so what if it's class warfare, maybe that's what I think is right, you pay your share.

Siege

Fair, but i still don't agree with you Tongue
Siege40

Political Matrix
E: -6.25, S: -4.26

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #51 on: July 28, 2004, 11:34:06 PM »

Firstly, I'm not a Dem.

Second, a lot of people that are rich can do to have their taxes higher than those who are poor. It's called a progressive tax structure.

Thirdly, so what if it's class warfare, maybe that's what I think is right, you pay your share.

Siege

Fair, but i still don't agree with you Tongue

Perhaps taxes don't have to be much higher. Think of two people, one makes 20000, the other 200000, if they were both to pay the same, say 2000 person 1 pays 1/10 of his income while person 2 pays 1/100. However, if the both paid 10% I'd be more agreeable, but I'd be a little happier still if person 2 were to pay just a little more.

Siege
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #52 on: July 29, 2004, 02:34:26 AM »

My party would hold the following ideas :

Abortion/Gay "Marriage" would be left up to the states to put on the ballot.

Very Hawkish on foreign policy in this current enviroment. If it ever settled down where the world was slightly safer I would pull troops out of every foreign base with the exception of GITMO. I would reduce the size of the military to a 250,000 man force to come into compliance with the Constitutions anti-standing army principles.

I would revert the tax code and eliminate the IRS. Income tax would still however apply to corporations as that is what it was intended for. I would increase tariffs but not so badly as to be debilitating.

Our party would wish for the government to take over the National Road system and have repair stations located county wide across that nation.

Basically my party would push for the ideas of getting the government back to doing the job the Constitution laid out. Nothing more, nothing less.
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #53 on: July 29, 2004, 04:24:53 AM »

-High Taxes on the Rich and Big Business (75000 +)

That's unfair, tax the rich just for being rich. That seems like class warfare.

Nice to see that we still see eye to eye Keystone Phil. Smiley

I'm glad you oppose class warfare as much as me.

I mean think about it. Someone works to get to be rich. They sacrifice, they work...we should be taxing them because they have achieved wealth? All those "raise the taxes on the rich!" Dems...give me a break!

Oh and we all know the Dems line of just raising taxes on the wealthy turns into raising taxes on most of America.

It's penalizing success and hard work, that's what heavy taxation of the wealthy is.

Not necessarily, many aren't hugely wealthy off of their own merits you know, some rich people barely work at all.

Also Phil, note that Siege40 is not a Democrat, don't make assumptions.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #54 on: July 29, 2004, 04:54:41 AM »

Josh, how is the UN too liberal? Most are authoritarian fascists of some kind.

And how would a conservative UN be determined? Would you throw out countries if they elected left-winged governments? What if the Democrats won in the US, would you leave?
Siege40

Political Matrix

« Reply #55 on: July 29, 2004, 08:42:43 AM »

Very Hawkish on foreign policy in this current enviroment. If it ever settled down where the world was slightly safer I would pull troops out of every foreign base with the exception of GITMO. I would reduce the size of the military to a 250,000 man force to come into compliance with the Constitutions anti-standing army principles.

I would revert the tax code and eliminate the IRS. Income tax would still however apply to corporations as that is what it was intended for. I would increase tariffs but not so badly as to be debilitating.

Our party would wish for the government to take over the National Road system and have repair stations located county wide across that nation.

Basically my party would push for the ideas of getting the government back to doing the job the Constitution laid out. Nothing more, nothing less.

States, may I suggest a name, The Constitution Party seems appropriate.

And thanks for backing me up JFK.

Siege
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #56 on: July 29, 2004, 09:10:16 AM »

Siege

They push religion to much from what I hear. I would name my party the States Rights Party or State Sovereignty party.
Siege40

Political Matrix

« Reply #57 on: July 29, 2004, 09:37:39 AM »

Siege

They push religion to much from what I hear. I would name my party the States Rights Party or State Sovereignty party.

I didn't think there still was a Constitution Party...

Siege
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #58 on: July 29, 2004, 09:49:14 AM »

Siege

I didn't think there still was a Constitution Party...

Siege

Check this out.

http://www.constitutionparty.org/
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #59 on: July 29, 2004, 10:26:02 AM »

And how would a conservative UN be determined? Would you throw out countries if they elected left-winged governments? What if the Democrats won in the US, would you leave?

No most are liberals.  Most countries in the UN cosvn. party is our democrat party. I think.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #60 on: July 29, 2004, 12:33:11 PM »

I mean think about it. Someone works to get to be rich. They sacrifice, they work...we should be taxing them because they have achieved wealth? All those "raise the taxes on the rich!" Dems...give me a break!

Oh and we all know the Dems line of just raising taxes on the wealthy turns into raising taxes on most of America.

It's penalizing success and hard work, that's what heavy taxation of the wealthy is.

Exactly. No unfair tax on the wealthy! Oh and for the record, no I'm not rich so the arguement that I'm defending the rich because I am rich is false. I'm from middle class Northeast Philadelphia. Just wanted everyone to know that even if I wasn't going to be accused.

And I'm upper middle class, so my positions on taxes don't make sense :S
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #61 on: July 29, 2004, 12:34:49 PM »

Exactly. No unfair tax on the wealthy! Oh and for the record, no I'm not rich so the arguement that I'm defending the rich because I am rich is false. I'm from middle class Northeast Philadelphia. Just wanted everyone to know that even if I wasn't going to be accused.

And I'm upper middle class, so my positions on taxes don't make sense :S

Most people that live near me or in Greensboro are upper middle class to upper class.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #62 on: July 30, 2004, 06:50:37 AM »

No most are liberals.  Most countries in the UN cosvn. party is our democrat party. I think.

Eh...most don't really have parties, since most aren't democracies. The UN concerns itself mostly with foreign policy, and with any definition of liberal v conservative I can think of there, the US is one of the most liberal countries in the world. Not as liberal as Sweden, Holland or Japan, but probably more so than France and definitely more so than China, Russia or any other non-democracies.
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #63 on: July 30, 2004, 09:33:11 AM »

Eh...most don't really have parties, since most aren't democracies. The UN concerns itself mostly with foreign policy, and with any definition of liberal v conservative I can think of there, the US is one of the most liberal countries in the world. Not as liberal as Sweden, Holland or Japan, but probably more so than France and definitely more so than China, Russia or any other non-democracies.

The US more liberal then France HAHAHAHA thats funny.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #64 on: July 30, 2004, 02:36:13 PM »

How so?  Chirac is (arguably) more conservative than Bush and is (inarguably) a conservative.
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #65 on: July 30, 2004, 02:47:39 PM »

How so?  Chirac is (arguably) more conservative than Bush and is (inarguably) a conservative.

How is Chirac conservative? You might be right, but i always heard the US was one of the most consv. nations on earth.
Bandit3 the Worker
bandit73
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -9.92

« Reply #66 on: July 30, 2004, 03:15:41 PM »

You might be right, but i always heard the US was one of the most consv. nations on earth.

Outside of Singapore and other military dictatorships and right-wing police states, the United States has for the past 10 years been THE[/i] most conservative.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #67 on: July 30, 2004, 03:18:31 PM »

Well, you consider America to be a right-wing police state, don't you?
Bandit3 the Worker
bandit73
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -9.92

« Reply #68 on: July 30, 2004, 03:20:16 PM »

Well, you consider America to be a right-wing police state, don't you?

Well, it's become one. There's no question about that.
Brambila
Brambilla

« Reply #69 on: July 30, 2004, 06:23:46 PM »

Not really. Mexico is pretty conservative as well, as are many Latin American nations. Socially, America is definately not the most conservative, and fiscally, the same. People argue that because many right-winged states are under dictatorships they automatically prove the corruption of conservatism, but most of the problems in these "right-winged states" are because of Europe and lack of money. Meanwhile, nations that have money but are liberal (Russia; India; South Africa; etc) have numerous problems. Coincandetally, whenever the UN or WHO tries to get involved with nations to "help" them, they screw everything up (Somlia; Balkans; WHO in Kenya).
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies