if you could create your own political party? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:33:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  if you could create your own political party? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: if you could create your own political party?  (Read 10969 times)
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« on: July 29, 2004, 02:34:26 AM »

My party would hold the following ideas :

Abortion/Gay "Marriage" would be left up to the states to put on the ballot.

Very Hawkish on foreign policy in this current enviroment. If it ever settled down where the world was slightly safer I would pull troops out of every foreign base with the exception of GITMO. I would reduce the size of the military to a 250,000 man force to come into compliance with the Constitutions anti-standing army principles.

I would revert the tax code and eliminate the IRS. Income tax would still however apply to corporations as that is what it was intended for. I would increase tariffs but not so badly as to be debilitating.

Our party would wish for the government to take over the National Road system and have repair stations located county wide across that nation.

Basically my party would push for the ideas of getting the government back to doing the job the Constitution laid out. Nothing more, nothing less.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2004, 09:10:16 AM »

Very Hawkish on foreign policy in this current enviroment. If it ever settled down where the world was slightly safer I would pull troops out of every foreign base with the exception of GITMO. I would reduce the size of the military to a 250,000 man force to come into compliance with the Constitutions anti-standing army principles.

I would revert the tax code and eliminate the IRS. Income tax would still however apply to corporations as that is what it was intended for. I would increase tariffs but not so badly as to be debilitating.

Our party would wish for the government to take over the National Road system and have repair stations located county wide across that nation.

Basically my party would push for the ideas of getting the government back to doing the job the Constitution laid out. Nothing more, nothing less.

States, may I suggest a name, The Constitution Party seems appropriate.

And thanks for backing me up JFK.

Siege

They push religion to much from what I hear. I would name my party the States Rights Party or State Sovereignty party.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2004, 09:49:14 AM »

States, may I suggest a name, The Constitution Party seems appropriate.

And thanks for backing me up JFK.

Siege

They push religion to much from what I hear. I would name my party the States Rights Party or State Sovereignty party.

I didn't think there still was a Constitution Party...

Siege

Check this out.

http://www.constitutionparty.org/
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies