$16 Million of Kerry Fundraising may be "Mob" related says ABC News (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 12:37:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  $16 Million of Kerry Fundraising may be "Mob" related says ABC News (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: $16 Million of Kerry Fundraising may be "Mob" related says ABC News  (Read 6350 times)
MarkDel

« on: July 29, 2004, 02:18:26 PM »

You raised two points.

First, with respect to the 'everybody does it,' please cite the contributions by criminals of the same ilk to the Bush campaign.

Second, it would be nice if the liberal media would provide more coverage to third party candidates,

The Republicans take major campaign contributions from defense contractors.  Then they beat the drum for war and convince Americans to spend $400 billion on defense.  This is a kickback.  They conive to enter into questionable conflicts without proper debate, and they are aware of who this will benefit.

Brown and Root, a subsidiary of Halliburton, would now be bankrupt if the Iraq war was was not engineered to prop them up.  The Bradley APV is a lousy excuse for an AFV, and was to be phased out by the Army.  Halliburton makes $1 billion per month from Iraq contracts, or $12 bil per year.  What is Halliburton's net worth via stock outlay calculations available online through NY stock exchange?  Appx. $12 bil.  They would cease to exist as a company without their defense contracts. And they were withering before the Iraq war started.

I am unable to cite any obvious examples of Republicans accepting money from gangsters off the top of my head.  If I find time I will delve into it.  I suspect that I would not have to dig far...

My opinion is that taking money from defense contractors and the likes of Rupert Murdoch is just as evil as taking it from a mafia gangster.  I think both parties are evil.  Thank god for the Republicans, (truly) or the Dems would go hog wild with unchecked avarice and back door dealings.  (Ya rite, like they don't already, see first posting)

freedomburns

FreedomBurns,

Wow, you just got placed on the "pay no mind list" for this moronic post.  According to you, Defense Contractors who build weapons systems for the DEFENSE OF THE UNITED STATES are just as evil as the Mafia, as is Rupert Murdoch, presumably for having the audacity to own News Outlets that do not parrot the left wing mantra you are used to hearing on ABC, CBS, etc....

If you can seriously make a claim like that...wow...then despite our somewhat substantive conversation in another thread a few days ago, it is now painfully clear that my first impression of you was indeed correct.

A person who makes a statement like the one you just made can NEVER be taken seriously again.
MarkDel

« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2004, 06:57:36 PM »

Bush has closer connections to Osama Bin Laden than Kerry has to the mob. Yawn.

More words of wisdom from the modern American Left...
MarkDel

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2004, 11:24:10 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Like I am supposed to care what a flag-waving mental-midget with no critical thinking ability who swallows the govenment's lies hook line and sinker thinks of me?

I do not.  Ignore away.

freedomburns

No critical thinking ability? That's fairly amusing. Why don't we ask some of the other posters here whether or not they share your view of my intellect?

Also, check your Halliburton thread in the other forum. I got your e-mail.
MarkDel

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2004, 11:43:09 PM »

You have an interesting way of ignoring someone.  First you say that you will ignore me, then you post that what I am saying is bullsh** with no basis for your insult.

Intersting way of proving my point.  Loser.

freedomburns

You moved yourself off the "ignore" list when you sent me a threatening e-mail. Now I have to pay attention to you because you have proven yourself a potential danger to me and my family once you sent that e-mail.
MarkDel

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2004, 12:10:50 AM »
« Edited: July 30, 2004, 12:12:09 AM by MarkDel »

You posted the "everybody does it," allegation, and I called you on it.

Still waiting for the "gangsters' (your term) who have contributed to the Bush campaign this year.

Carl,

This FreedomBurns guy may not be playing with a full deck, so arguing with him may prove fruitless.

In his first e-mail to me, he tells me how much he likes and respects me and appreciates my input, then in the next one, he's completely deranged.
MarkDel

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2004, 12:20:45 AM »

I'm not posting for his benefit.

Many people read these posts who do not post themselves.

Many of them (and many of the posters) are just kids who really don't know whats going on.  If the outrageous statements of posters are not refuted, some will erroneously think they are true.

So, I'll keep correcting the outrageous statements of that posters (as well as others) if I feel others have not sufficently dealt with the outrageous statements.

Carl,

Yes, that was my thought when I started posting here, but it's really impossible to change anyone's mind here. I guess there are a few people who could go either way, but for the most part, this is a partisan board. It may be bi-partisan in terms of its composition, but not in terms of the ideology of most members.
MarkDel

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2004, 02:52:32 AM »

Prayer to Heaven:

Oh Lordy, please protect me from vicious right-wing ideologues of limited capacity.  Please grant each of them enough of a brain to remember their promise to ignore my postings.  I beseech thee oh most Holy Father to allow me this one wish: that those whose minds are so closed and rigid as to deny the truth will allow me to post my beliefs freely without fear that they will slander me and call me childish names in protestation of my correct and irrefutable factual statements.  I know that they are also your children, Lordy, and this is my only prayer to you.  We both know that they have not the ability to argue with logic and facts.  If all that they are able to offer to defend their rigid and inflexible opinions is vitriolic name calling and libelous lies, then please, oh please, Lordy make them keep their promises.  Don't let this be like the last time...

You and I will watch Lordy, as they sink into the quicksand of public opinion, rigid as salt pillars, holding the flag high and chanting "America is the greatest.  America is the greatest.  America is...blub blub blub".  Meanwhile those of us who truly care about doing the hard work involved in remaking this country into the great one it once was will trudge by them with the wind of history at our backs while we carry the burden of true democracy on our shoulders.  Tyranny and fascism have always fallen into disfavor once the people are allowed access to truth and light.  Never in history has this failed to happen.

I remember what you told me Lordy, that the only things that are guaranteed when you get into a fight with a pig is that the pig will enjoy it and that you will feel soiled and like taking a shower afterwards.  Make them remember their promise.  I beseech thee, and yet still I have little faith that it will happen.  Anyway, thanks for listening to my prayer.

freedomburns

Freedom,

You make this plea for civilized, substantive debate, then you post this? You don't find that somewhat inconsistent?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies