$16 Million of Kerry Fundraising may be "Mob" related says ABC News (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 10:55:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  $16 Million of Kerry Fundraising may be "Mob" related says ABC News (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: $16 Million of Kerry Fundraising may be "Mob" related says ABC News  (Read 6345 times)
CARLHAYDEN
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.38, S: -0.51

« on: July 29, 2004, 12:52:42 AM »

Interesting and informative post.

CARLHAYDEN
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2004, 01:08:34 AM »

You raised two points.

First, with respect to the 'everybody does it,' please cite the contributions by criminals of the same ilk to the Bush campaign.

Second, it would be nice if the liberal media would provide more coverage to third party candidates,
CARLHAYDEN
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2004, 09:26:38 AM »

In my previous post, i said

First, with respect to the 'everybody does it,' please cite the contributions by criminals of the same ilk to the Bush campaign.

You replied:

I am unable to cite any obvious examples of Republicans accepting money from gangsters off the top of my head.  If I find time I will delve into it.  I suspect that I would not have to dig far...

My opinion is that taking money from defense contractors and the likes of Rupert Murdoch is just as evil as taking it from a mafia gangster.  

I reply:

I asked you to cite an example, obvious or otherwise of the Bush campaign (not Republicans) accepting contributions by what you call (probably accurately) as 'gangsters.'  You could not cite any.

Your comparison of defense contracts to 'gangsters' is rather humorous, abeit bizarre (or more accurately, humorous because it is bizarre).
CARLHAYDEN
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2004, 12:07:49 AM »

You posted the "everybody does it," allegation, and I called you on it.

Still waiting for the "gangsters' (your term) who have contributed to the Bush campaign this year.
CARLHAYDEN
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2004, 12:15:37 AM »

I'm not posting for his benefit.

Many people read these posts who do not post themselves.

Many of them (and many of the posters) are just kids who really don't know whats going on.  If the outrageous statements of posters are not refuted, some will erroneously think they are true.

So, I'll keep correcting the outrageous statements of that posters (as well as others) if I feel others have not sufficently dealt with the outrageous statements.
CARLHAYDEN
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2004, 11:53:51 AM »

All I said in that email was that you are an a**hole for essentially calling me a liar by claiming that my thoughts are bullsh** with no basis for your statement.  If you find that threatening, then I take it back.  

I take my ideas seriously.  I am deeply offended at being called a liar, especially when you are providing no support for this ad hominum attack on me.  I feel like you owe me an apology.

Anyway, I won't send you any more emails if you are going to act like a girl about it.

freedomburns

Ignore this troll.

One of the great thing about the written word, as opposed to oral communications, is that there is a written record to track.

A favorite method of many liberals, when confronted with with the  statements they make is to fail to back up those statements, change the subject, and instead respond with anger, and even more absurd statements.

Note, that FB has yet to post the identity of the "gangsters" who have contributed this year to the Bush reelection campaign.

CARLHAYDEN
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2004, 12:20:06 AM »

Another standard tactic of some liberals when faced by facts is to try to redefine terms, and engage in ad hominem attacks.

It appears that you are unable to find any examples of real "gangsters" who contributed to the Bush reelection effort this year.
CARLHAYDEN
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2004, 09:30:15 AM »

Thank you for your admission.

This definitely puts you above some of the other liberal posters on this board.

As to the second point you raised in your original response to my original post on this thread, do you have any suggestions to get the media to provide better coverage to the minor party candidates?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies