Office of Mideast Governor HappyWarrior
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 01:13:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Mideast Governor HappyWarrior
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Author Topic: Office of Mideast Governor HappyWarrior  (Read 11106 times)
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: November 05, 2007, 09:11:10 AM »

But your not the President, your the Governor. The President doesn't need to vote on a Secretary of Defense because he is the on who nominated them. Your region needs a Lt. Governor, and I would vote for the person you nominate, regardless if you want them to be in the position or not.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #76 on: November 05, 2007, 09:14:00 AM »

But your not the President, your the Governor. The President doesn't need to vote on a Secretary of Defense because he is the on who nominated them. Your region needs a Lt. Governor, and I would vote for the person you nominate, regardless if you want them to be in the position or not.

In much the same way, I nominated the Lt. Governor.  But I want the people of the region to have the choice of who is their Lt. Governor. 
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #77 on: November 05, 2007, 09:27:38 AM »

If we must have a Lt. Governer, it would be better to either make it an elected post or a purely appointed one.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #78 on: November 05, 2007, 11:27:03 AM »

Has Peter even accepted his nomination?  If so, why the delay?  If not, why the announcement?
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #79 on: November 05, 2007, 12:16:23 PM »

Has Peter even accepted his nomination?  If so, why the delay?  If not, why the announcement?

Yes, he accepted via PM.  I was just waiting til midnight tonight to post the actual thread so that I will be able to close it on time.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #80 on: November 05, 2007, 01:03:44 PM »

I'd like to announce that my next nominee for the Lt. Governorship of the Mideast will be..........Peter!

Somebody who hasn't voted in the past 2 elections?

Inks, can you please stop questioning every single thing I do?

Isn't that kinda the point of loyal opposition?  Questioning the Governor of the opposite party and ideology?

And not to criticize you myself, but I'd suggest that the next time you choose an LG to send to the voters, it'd be in poor form to leave them hanging out to dry with an "abstain" vote.

Abstaination is only right in my opinion, it's not as if the President gets a vote in the confirmation of his Secretary of Defense.

Apples and oranges, because, you see, the President cannot as a rule of law vote to confirm a Secretary of Defense.  In this case, you can vote to confirm your LG choice.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #81 on: November 05, 2007, 01:26:30 PM »

If we must have a Lt. Governer, it would be better to either make it an elected post or a purely appointed one.

The region chose to give back this power to the people, and you didn't oppose that Amendment.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #82 on: November 06, 2007, 11:58:29 AM »

Yes, he accepted via PM.  I was just waiting til midnight tonight to post the actual thread so that I will be able to close it on time.

Midnight came and went 12 hours ago now - when is it going  up?
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -7.48

« Reply #83 on: November 06, 2007, 05:53:12 PM »

I happily accept the nomination for Lieutenant Governor. I would not pretend that the Lieutenant Governorship is an important or critical office - it is a relatively minor office, and whilst it is not critical to the Region that it is filled, it is nonetheless desirable. I pledge my honour that I will discharge the office by ensuring that ballots are administered in the absence of the Governor, and that in the event of a Gubernatorial vacancy I will fill the office until such a time as a more permenant replacement is found.

My politics are of a liberal creed, but I believe I have often shown that I will set aside partisanship in the interests of a stronger Republic, and I pledge to set aside my partisan beliefs to protect the interests of our Region wherever necessary during my term of office.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #84 on: November 14, 2007, 09:37:02 AM »

Cloning Act of 2007

1)The twenty first initiative, declaring cloning illegal, will hereby be repealed.
2)This will reestablish the legality of the practice of cloning in the Mideast Region by private companies.
3)No government funding will be given to the study or practice of cloning.

What does everyone think?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #85 on: November 14, 2007, 03:51:14 PM »

Cloning Act of 2007

1)The twenty first initiative, declaring cloning illegal, will hereby be repealed.
2)This will reestablish the legality of the practice of cloning in the Mideast Region by private companies.

I'm against it - but put it on the ballot - although I think if people felt strongly about it, it would've been overturned in an initiative.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #86 on: November 14, 2007, 10:35:10 PM »

Cloning Act of 2007

I'm against it - but put it on the ballot - although I think if people felt strongly about it, it would've been overturned in an initiative.

Well I personally had'nt heard of it until today when I was looking up past initiatives for information.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #87 on: November 17, 2007, 07:29:15 PM »

Good job so far governor
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #88 on: November 19, 2007, 12:33:01 AM »

Cloning Act of 2007

Well I personally had'nt heard of it until today when I was looking up past initiatives for information.

It only bans human cloning. There is nothing to stop other types of cloning and nothing that stops stem cell research. Nothing is bad about this initiative. The good thing is is it prevents people from trying to pick the traits of their children in the future.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #89 on: January 24, 2008, 12:51:53 PM »

So I'd just like to know why everyone turned down two of my three propositions this week.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #90 on: January 25, 2008, 05:09:02 AM »

So I'd just like to know why everyone turned down two of my three propositions this week.

Why did you think the cloning one would pass?  We passed just the opposite before, and the region hasn't changed much.

The term limits one would cause too much difficulty - we have problems getting people to turn out to vote, let alone run for office.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #91 on: January 25, 2008, 05:43:35 AM »

I despise term limits and find them completely undemocratic, so that's the reason for that.

The cloning one... the idea of human cloning just makes me uncomfortable. I wouldn't mind animal cloning, but human cloning just seems wrong.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #92 on: January 25, 2008, 06:30:51 PM »

Considering it's twice failure I won't bring up the cloning issue again.  The term limits idea I am not sure about.  I do not want there to be any chance the Mideast becomes a virtual dictatorship as some Regions have.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« Reply #93 on: January 25, 2008, 06:35:11 PM »

Considering it's twice failure I won't bring up the cloning issue again.  The term limits idea I am not sure about.  I do not want there to be any chance the Mideast becomes a virtual dictatorship as some Regions have.

Pacific and Midwest, he means you.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #94 on: January 25, 2008, 09:09:08 PM »

Shush!  Its supposed to be a secret;)
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #95 on: January 25, 2008, 10:46:29 PM »

The Midwest even has their Dictatorship written out in their legislature!
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #96 on: January 25, 2008, 11:20:44 PM »

What I mean is in the way that no one new ever takes over their executive branch. 
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #97 on: January 26, 2008, 12:37:12 AM »

What I mean is in the way that no one new ever takes over their executive branch. 

Yeah I know - but it's at least possible in the Pacific.  The Midwest will only switch if Verin decides to step down.
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -5.57

« Reply #98 on: January 26, 2008, 12:45:05 AM »

Yeah I know - but it's at least possible in the Pacific.  The Midwest will only switch if Verin decides to step down.
well, I'm sure they'll get around to electing another one when it's 2040 and Verin hasn't posted since the Gravel administration.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #99 on: January 26, 2008, 03:07:14 AM »

well, I'm sure they'll get around to electing another one when it's 2040 and Verin hasn't posted since the Gravel administration.

Well if he got a cabinet position with Gravel, he'd have to resign.  Tongue
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies