BNP (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 12:52:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  BNP (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: BNP  (Read 3307 times)
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« on: July 29, 2004, 05:08:23 PM »

Why should we "stop" any party?  Don't they have a right to exist?  It's not like they're trying to kill anyone - just deport all the non-British, cut off all foreign aid, nationalize 80% of the economy, take over Ireland, end civil liberties, institute Singapore-esque caning of petty criminals, isolate the UK economically, teach racial supremacy in the schools, isolate the UK militarily, and reinstitute the draft.  Is that so bad?  If you don't like them, don't vote for them!

(Actually, given the choice between the BNP and the UK being a Muslim state in 10 years, I'd choose the BNP.)

By "stop" I mean stop them winning anything... not ban them... they are poisioning the politics of most of Cottonopolis.
ing Nazi's...
And yes they would kill people. A lot of people.

And I don't see how the U.K could become an Islamic state in 10 years time... the % of Muslims is the U.K remains very small.
And the BNP have been around a lot longer than 9-11.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2004, 05:23:42 PM »

Why should we "stop" any party?  Don't they have a right to exist?  It's not like they're trying to kill anyone - just deport all the non-British, cut off all foreign aid, nationalize 80% of the economy, take over Ireland, end civil liberties, institute Singapore-esque caning of petty criminals, isolate the UK economically, teach racial supremacy in the schools, isolate the UK militarily, and reinstitute the draft.  Is that so bad?  If you don't like them, don't vote for them!

(Actually, given the choice between the BNP and the UK being a Muslim state in 10 years, I'd choose the BNP.)

By "stop" I mean stop them winning anything... not ban them... they are poisioning the politics of most of Cottonopolis.
g Nazi's...
And yes they would kill people. A lot of people.

It's a testimony to the vibrant political fabric of Britain that a party with such unique and innovative ideas is able to flourish at all - while in the USA we're stuck with our two boring parties.

*removes tongue from cheek*

They aren't flourishing (unless a handful of councillers counts) if you want to see a flourishing ultra-right wing fascist party try France, but the problem is that just one counciller a council poisions the political climate in the area and makes ethnic minorites very, very afraid.

America's interesting in that it's never actually had a major far-right political party or politician.
David Duke is the obvious exception...
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2004, 06:47:12 AM »

actually I heard the Populists at the end of the 19th century were pretty racist, I'd probably mostly agree with their economic views, but they sound pretty horrible otherwise.

Some of the leaders were (but this is the 1890's we're talking about...) but Populism was the first political movement that sharecroppers and Bubba's both supported.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2004, 06:56:31 AM »

Oh, we've had plenty.  The Know-Nothing party of the 19th Century is a great example.  As more people are added to our Melting Pot, there have always been those who wanted to exclude the new people.  First it was the Irish, then the Italians, then the Eastern Europeans and Jews... and we've always had the Black/White problem.  But I think what makes America distinct is that we have a national identity that has nothing to do with ethnicity, religion, or ancestry.

Yeah, the Know Nothings were unpleasant bastards, but the U.S has *never* had a far right party in the way we do in Europe... there is no American Le Pen. All you've got are lots of Enoch Powells.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

The BNP's economic policies are: Replace the State with the Party. The Party then takes everything over. Unions are banned and jobs go to Party supporters only. And so on.

Not many people over here would support that either.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2004, 08:03:28 AM »

actually I heard the Populists at the end of the 19th century were pretty racist, I'd probably mostly agree with their economic views, but they sound pretty horrible otherwise.

Some of the leaders were (but this is the 1890's we're talking about...) but Populism was the first political movement that sharecroppers and Bubba's both supported.

I would think that the Democrats of the Guilded Age would be more akin to the European Far-Right.  But outside of the South, I'm not sure they were all that racist.  (Although racism is, after all, not the ONLY defining feature of the European Far-Right.)

No... America has never had a real fascist movement... except for the KKK perhaps...
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2004, 07:01:46 AM »

Most of the BNPers on councils act like Greens and Laborites - stop sprawl, stop Wal-Mart-like mega-stores, protect historical sites, etc.  They also want to cut taxes, I think, but they're pretty center-left on a lot of local issues.

Actually most don't even bother to turn up to council meetings
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2004, 04:54:56 AM »

Well, they run on anti-development platforms.

As a rule they run on race+any local issue that can get them elected.
Anti-development platforms are usually very good for that...
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies