Nancy Reagan to Bush: 'We Don't Support Your Re-Election'
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 08:30:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  Nancy Reagan to Bush: 'We Don't Support Your Re-Election'
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Nancy Reagan to Bush: 'We Don't Support Your Re-Election'  (Read 5962 times)
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2004, 02:18:13 AM »

i never was one of these republicans who worships ronald reagan.
Ron did nothing worth noting with his life, so he used his father's name to break into the media.  And now, they wrap themselves in their father's image.  What a crock?

And Bush II hasn't???

W. at least went into legit business.  Ron Reagan went from theater dancing to a reporter.  What a leap.

Now he broadcasts the Westminster dog show.
qwerty
Dick Nixon
« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2004, 04:11:57 AM »

http://www.uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?board=5;action=display;threadid=6904

I'm going to call President Reagan's office to see which story is real...
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2004, 09:55:45 AM »

I liked a lot of what Reagan did as president, but I never thought much of his family.  His kids were pretty messed up and it was pretty clear that whatever his political attributes, Ron (and Nancy) Reagan were probably not great parents.

Well, then if the Reagan's kids are to be taken as a reflection of their parenting skills, then who raised Michael Reagan?...you can't also blame the parents!

Also, Nancy Reagan is an occultist, so it is no surprise she is siding with the Dems....However, I do greatly admire her treatment of her husband.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.88, S: 1.59

« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2004, 08:24:55 PM »

My guess is that Nancy Reagan supports Pres. Bush's re-election with some reservations.

Nancy was never really a "movement" conservative - she was more devoted to her husband than to any set of ideas.

As far as the kids go, they really didn't turn out all that well, unfortunately.  And there seems to be a definite split in the family, as we've seen with that family in the past.

Nobody really commented on it, but I noticed that Michael seemed to be pushed to the side a lot at the Reagan funeral, while Nancy surrounded herself with Ron and Patti.  It's a shame, because even though Nancy is not his mother, Ronald Reagan was his father, and he seemed to get the classic stepchild treatment.

I don't blame Nancy if she doesn't plan to attend the RNC.  Her husband's death is so recent, she's frail, and it no doubt would be an extremely wrenching experience for her.  And who would she get to go with her?  Certainly not Patti or Ron.  She couldn't even get them to accompany her when she went to get the Congressional Medal of Freedom on behalf of herself and her husband.
RReagan4EVER
motomoto4510645106
Rookie

« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2004, 11:44:27 PM »

Well, I just watched Larry King Live and The Bushes had just finished talking to Nancy Reagan and she is 100% behind the President and his Re-Election. I guess her crazy son is not changeing her mind.
NHPolitico

« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2004, 01:12:27 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies