If the evangelicals buck and go for a third party, will it cost the GOP 2008? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 01:56:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  If the evangelicals buck and go for a third party, will it cost the GOP 2008? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: If the evangelicals buck and go for a third party, will it cost the GOP the GE in 2008?
Yes

No

probably

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 64

Author Topic: If the evangelicals buck and go for a third party, will it cost the GOP 2008?  (Read 7290 times)
StateBoiler
fe234
YaBB God

« on: October 05, 2007, 02:29:57 PM »

You're looking at this entirely the wrong way.

What if the evangelicals realize 2008 is a lost cause and the Republicans will lose anyway, would they than go for a third party to make a political point to the GOP brass?
StateBoiler
fe234
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2007, 12:07:46 PM »
« Edited: October 08, 2007, 12:19:48 PM by StateBoiler »

Hy!

I'm french, so sorry if my engish is not perfect.

I follow from my country for a couple of years the evangelicals movements arround the world and especially in the USA, I thinck they can progress through the populations all over the world and they are also in my small french city of the south west of France (7 evangelicals churches, 1 traditionnal protestant and 8 traditionnal catholic churches, for 45.000 peoples).

I came on this forum to ask questions about them on the US elections and precisely on the question of this topic: can the evangelicals make a third party? In my question i mean a third party as the democrates party or the republicans one.

Hi and welcome.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Third parties generally do not work in this country. I'm a third-party advocate myself, but it's a bit quixotic. There are numerous third parties to the right of the Republicans. However, the only one to concern yourself and has any semblance of relevance are the Constitution Party. In 2004, they ran a second-tier candidate in Maryland lawyer Michael Peroutka and got 144,000 votes to take 5th place (0.12%). There are some elected Constitution Party members across the country. The highest profile is a state legislator in Montana named Rick Jore. There are various mayors across the country.

Yes. They tend to be Republicans. One Republican candidate for President this time is Mike Huckabee, a Southern Baptist minister. Various pastors over time have ran for political office, although it is more common in the black community via the Democratic Party.

There are of course ministers that belong to the Constitution Party, because they reject the Republican Party as being too liberal and not actively pursuing a Christian-based state.

Not sure I understand this question.

Depends who you ask and their opinion. They are certainly treated with respect as there is a large number of Americans that fall under the label "evangelical", and as mass media are dependent on ratings and advertising revenue, they don't want to make anyone mad.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies