'Social Suicide' Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 10:44:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  'Social Suicide' Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 'Social Suicide' Thread  (Read 10867 times)
memphis
Atlas Icon

« on: October 22, 2007, 08:52:38 PM »
« edited: October 22, 2007, 08:57:11 PM by memphis »

Shakespeare is way overrated.  Only the nerdiest understand a word of it without a modern translation. Plays are not nearly as profound as everybody wants them to be. Way too much hype around the man.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2007, 10:50:11 PM »

Beatles are the most overrated band in history.

I can't describe in words the extent to which I agree with this statement.

You guys are so full of crap.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2007, 11:24:50 PM »

also, I HATE dancing.  Don't get me wrong, I go to clubs and bars quite frequently and "get down" but only after I've consumed massive amounts of alcohol, and I don't make a fool of myself either (which is pretty impressive when drunk) and have great rhythm.   But I think dancing is silly, pointless, and an utter waste of time, just like playing or watching sports.  Strangely enough, I love dance music.  Even gay stuff like the Pet Shop Boys and Justin Timberlake.

I also don't know anything about cars and find it a boring topic.   I own a 2000 Honda Prelude and the only thing I know about is it goes forward when I push down the foot pedal on the right and stops when I push down on the pedal on the left.

My goodness.  I just realized I'm not a man.

Dude, I think it would be social suicide to say that you LIKE dancing.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2007, 08:56:34 PM »

No, that's the Beatles.  Seriously, what's the big deal with them?  There are so many bands out there that were so much more talented and had so much more profound music, but no, of all the bands to have existed in the world, the Beatles somehow become "the" band who everyone thinks was the best ever and swears that there will never be another band like them again.

Then again, I hope that that last statement is true.  Then maybe one day we can focus on bands that are much better than the Beatles ever were.

Well, you can't really argue subjective preference, as we've told BRTD many times regarding suburbs. The Beatles remain one of my favorites though it's hard for for me to explain how or why one kind of  music makes you feel versus another. Knocked Up was really funny too, though it's obviously not some landmark event in cinema. Maybe you just have bad taste in music and movies Smiley
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies