'Social Suicide' Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 07:32:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  'Social Suicide' Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 'Social Suicide' Thread  (Read 10859 times)
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« on: October 19, 2007, 05:36:37 AM »

I care about professional sports of any kind so little that scientists would have to develop a way of measuring negative amounts of interest in order to accurately measure the extent to which I care about them.

I don't hate sports, but I certainly hate people who act as if there's something terribly wrong with you for not being a fan of them.  Just bugger off and leave me alone; you'll stop both of us from wasting our time.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2007, 05:19:45 PM »

Every single Final Fantasy after Final Fantasy 6 is terribly, terribly overrated.  Not bad, but nonetheless terribly overrated.  And no, Cloud was not the greatest video game character to ever grace the planet.  Cloud was one-dimensional and boring as all hell.  And I mean, come on, "Cloud Strife"?  What kind of f**king name is that?  Every single character from Final Fantasy 6 wipes the floor with Cloud in every way.  The best part of Final Fantasy 7 was Cait Sith, who was awesome and who should have been the main character.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2007, 12:09:46 AM »

If the band wasn't active before 1980, odds are I've never heard of them and I probably don't lik them, either.

How is that social suicide?  That's exactly the way things ought to be. Wink
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2007, 06:19:02 PM »

Thou shalt not take the names of Johnny Cash, Joe Strummer, Johnny Hartman, Desmond Decker, Jim Morrison, Jimi Hendrix or Syd Barrett in vain.

Well now I get to really commit social suicide: Johnny Cash is overrated.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2007, 09:00:05 PM »

Beatles are the most overrated band in history.

I can't describe in words the extent to which I agree with this statement.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2007, 12:32:43 AM »

No, that's the Beatles.  Seriously, what's the big deal with them?  There are so many bands out there that were so much more talented and had so much more profound music, but no, of all the bands to have existed in the world, the Beatles somehow become "the" band who everyone thinks was the best ever and swears that there will never be another band like them again.

Then again, I hope that that last statement is true.  Then maybe one day we can focus on bands that are much better than the Beatles ever were.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2007, 03:19:05 AM »

Oh yeah, I just remembered a good one: what the f**k is the big deal with "Knocked Up"?  I saw it a few weeks ago after hearing over and over again how hilarious and great it was when a friend lent me the DVD, and I just thought it was trash.  Do people honestly find it hilarious to watch dysfunctional and pathetic people basically just yell at each other for two hours?  I found it painful and embarrassing to watch and felt that the best part was when it finally ended.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies