RISK Domination IV: Finished!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 11:24:03 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  RISK Domination IV: Finished!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14]
Author Topic: RISK Domination IV: Finished!  (Read 51245 times)
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #325 on: December 16, 2007, 07:13:46 AM »

Of course there were pacts there. I thought that was obvious. It's also obvious that it was an error to have pacts with you.
Sensei even got something out of them, arguably - second place. (Although even that was close.) Josh finally did what he should have done rounds earlier, but though it was by no means too little it was certainly too late. Especially without Sensei's support. Happy Warrior... (shakes head) Oh well. Happens when you play for the first time I suppose.

Oh well. I enjoyed it anyways. Smiley

One more thing I'd like to add... the only reason why I went to Delaware was because the west seemed so crowded and Gustaf seemed too left alone in the Northeast. If I'd guessed at Happy Warrior's playing prowess, I'd have gone west myself.

Going Northeast was the obvious move. Had the other players behaved more logically you would have had as good a chance as Fezzy at winning.

And I have to admit that I've never understood this business of getting second place (I remember TN thinking at some point that Jas hade made a pact with me to get 2nd place). Why would anyone play for second place in a game of elimination? It's pretty much all or nothing as far as I'm concerned. If you don't win you might as well get knocked out at any point.
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #326 on: December 16, 2007, 10:00:06 AM »

And I have to admit that I've never understood this business of getting second place (I remember TN thinking at some point that Jas hade made a pact with me to get 2nd place). Why would anyone play for second place in a game of elimination? It's pretty much all or nothing as far as I'm concerned. If you don't win you might as well get knocked out at any point.

I haven't commented on anything else...it would take far too long. But I agree with this.
As far as Risk is concerned...carpe omnium.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #327 on: December 16, 2007, 12:52:47 PM »

FYI, the sign-up thread for the next game will open soon after Christmas; definitely before the New Year. Smiley
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -5.57

« Reply #328 on: December 16, 2007, 12:56:29 PM »

FYI, the sign-up thread for the next game will open soon after Christmas; definitely before the New Year. Smiley
I like my chances if I play in the next game, as I have more tactical knowledge now.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #329 on: December 16, 2007, 01:06:15 PM »

I'm glad to see you're up for this again.  Smiley  Um...I'll be gone between the 28th and the 1st, so could soon after Christmas be, like, soon after Christmas?
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #330 on: December 16, 2007, 01:15:36 PM »

I'm glad to see you're up for this again.  Smiley  Um...I'll be gone between the 28th and the 1st, so could soon after Christmas be, like, soon after Christmas?

I plan to open it around the 26th or 27th, so you should be fine.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies