The Atlasian Sol
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 02:29:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Atlasian Sol
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: The Atlasian Sol  (Read 2473 times)
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 23, 2007, 08:10:29 PM »

The Atlasian Sol

Greetings,

Today I am launching the Atlasian Sol, which is hoping to become the new Atlasian GM, promising no bias, realistic and exciting stories, and a stretch from regional to international politics. I am still getting the official ok's, but I wanted to be ready if it happens to hit the ground running. I am also looking for someone to help me with economic numbers while I am GM (hopefully) so anyone who is interested in helping me, feel free to PM me.

--SOS
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -8.35

« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2007, 10:10:18 PM »

Sounds promising Speedy. Hope all goes well.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2007, 02:38:58 AM »

You cannot become GM; the office does not exist anymore and (bearing in mind that it was scrapped by a decision of the then GM) cannot be re-created with any legitimacy.

What you can, of course, become is the Media Regulator. Or you can just sign the Contract (which grants certain GM-ish powers on the reporting of certain sorts of news in exchange for a few things in return).
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2007, 03:17:10 AM »

You cannot become GM; the office does not exist anymore and (bearing in mind that it was scrapped by a decision of the then GM) cannot be re-created with any legitimacy.

What you can, of course, become is the Media Regulator. Or you can just sign the Contract (which grants certain GM-ish powers on the reporting of certain sorts of news in exchange for a few things in return).

And what is "The Contract"?
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2007, 03:24:26 AM »

The contract that gives you the ability to write GM-like stories.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2007, 05:37:42 AM »

The gist of THE CONTRACT: You get powers of media regulation.  Gporter gets your immortal soul.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2007, 11:06:49 AM »

The gist of THE CONTRACT: You get powers of media regulation.  Gporter gets your immortal soul.

And is THE CONTRACT something that's been used before, or was it just created by Al's post
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2007, 01:13:09 PM »

It was created by an earlier post of Al's - the one where he took all those decisions - but has not been used since. And Al, just because you abolished the gm of the first creation doesn't mean we can't create a new position of the same name.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2007, 02:17:54 PM »

It is my every plan to fight to re create the GM position to its former glory, despite Al's attempt to keep me from doing otherwise. I ask for the senate or the President to take a little bit of action here, if they could. I have no problem working with Al, although I wish he would kinda be a little less pushy, and realize we need active, serious, game changing news on multiple dimensions.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2007, 02:40:19 PM »

It is my every plan to fight to re create the GM position to its former glory, despite Al's attempt to keep me from doing otherwise. I ask for the senate or the President to take a little bit of action here, if they could. I have no problem working with Al, although I wish he would kinda be a little less pushy, and realize we need active, serious, game changing news on multiple dimensions.

In order for the GM to have any power, we'd need to Amend the constitution to give it to him, or in the least add it to the SoFA's rules of running Forum Affairs.
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -5.57

« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2007, 02:42:08 PM »

I would sponsor a bill to reinstate the GM.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2007, 02:42:50 PM »

In order for the GM to have any power, we'd need to Amend the constitution to give it to him, or in the least add it to the SoFA's rules of running Forum Affairs.

Well, then thats what Im requesting be started.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2007, 03:41:18 PM »

Bill or Amendment?  If he's going to have any real power, I'd think it'd have to be an Amendment, in which case I would heartily back it when it comes to Regional votes.  Otherwise, my opinion doesn't matter - and I think it'd pass the Senate.
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -5.57

« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2007, 03:42:22 PM »

Bill or Amendment?  If he's going to have any real power, I'd think it'd have to be an Amendment, in which case I would heartily back it when it comes to Regional votes.  Otherwise, my opinion doesn't matter - and I think it'd pass the Senate.
Well, amendment is what I meant. Sorry.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2007, 03:48:48 PM »

Well, then lets get this underway! Lets get amending! If I am given this honor, I will immediately resign as Lt. Gov. of the Midwest to focus on this and run it fairly and add some fun. Smiley
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2007, 04:10:24 PM »

By very nature this is doomed to failure.  A GM is probably going to have be etched by the constitution.  No one is obligated to follow a person who just declares himself GM, even if the Senate ratifies it or the President appoints him.

Also there's just too many ambiguous points.  What year is it?  If it is 2007, what has happened between now and 2004?  If we've just followed the real world course of events to a tee, why can't we just continue to follow and react to them?  But if we do choose that course, what's the point in government whenever our actions have no impact?

We've got some issues we've got to work out.  In my opinion we've got to restart the timeline so there's no confusion and we've also got to form some kind of competent GM team.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2007, 04:19:26 PM »

A team will fail. We cant have that many people and expect the activity to survive. As for what happened, why do we need to do much of anything? I will use real world for for foreign things, and what actually happen here for domestic. As for the budget, we pretend it never stopped being updated. Boom. Done.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2007, 04:54:54 PM »

Can I request that whichever Senator introduces the Amendment add a clause that states that the GM must update the Atlasia wiki page (as in create and update) every so often (the sponsor can pick the interval)?
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2007, 05:35:47 PM »

Woah woah woah......I have to update the wiki? All the time? Oh sh**t.....I promise you, if that is requested of me, it will last like 5 minutes, at tops. Thats a big big big big big big big job.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2007, 06:08:58 PM »

Can I request that whichever Senator introduces the Amendment add a clause that states that the GM must update the Atlasia wiki page (as in create and update) every so often (the sponsor can pick the interval)?

If the GM position is re-instated, let's not make it a Grand Game Moderator and Wiki Updater and Everything else Other Can't do on Their Own position.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2007, 08:02:31 PM »

wiki updating is the responsibility of the Attorney General, not the GM.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2007, 09:03:27 PM »

Oh thank goodness. So what has to be done now to make this happen (exactly), so I can get started on this? What do I need to specifically amend, and why dont I remember the official removal?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2007, 09:31:46 PM »

OK - my bad - I just think it's kinda odd that there's no entry for the country of Atlasia.
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2007, 03:36:58 AM »

OK - my bad - I just think it's kinda odd that there's no entry for the country of Atlasia.

If you think it's important, put one up!
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2007, 04:19:34 AM »

If you think it's important, put one up!

My thoughts exactly. It is funny that Inks mentions it, as I was noticing there was no page for Atlasia just last week. I considered creating one, but I didn't know what to say!

As for moderating the Wiki, I would hope that everyone can update pages they are familiar with. I make sure all of the Pacific-related pages are up to date, and I would hope that the Governors or Lt. Governors of other regions are doing the same. I also update the JCP page occasionally, too. I'm the Governor of the Pacific and the Chairman of the JCP, so I update pages on subjects I have full knowledge of. Perhaps it is the Attorney General's job to update the Wiki, but it certainly would not hurt for Senators to make sure all of the Senate-related pages are up-to-date, or the Justices with pages relating to the Supreme Court and their cases, etc.

As for bringing back the GM, I must say I am fairly skeptical of the idea. Especially after Al turned my defending of the Pacific against rebels into the mass murder of civilians.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies