NJ Elections : Poll - Dems have edge going into election --- More on Elections
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 02:23:35 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NJ Elections : Poll - Dems have edge going into election --- More on Elections
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
Author Topic: NJ Elections : Poll - Dems have edge going into election --- More on Elections  (Read 19300 times)
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: November 09, 2007, 05:54:10 PM »

Despite the loss of my friends Nick Asselta and Sonny McCullough, this is a very good night for Republicans in New Jersey. We picked up Assembly seats for the first time in 16 years and voters rejected two bond referendums which, although I support in principle, are a huge financial hole at a difficult time in this state.

The next two fiscal years in New Jersey are not expected to go well at all. I expect that in 2009, Nick Asselta will return to the Assembly as part of our new majority.

You actually think Republicans can gain an Assembly majority in New Jersey anytime soon?  If they couldn't do it in this climate, I don't think they ever will. 
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #101 on: November 09, 2007, 07:32:41 PM »

Despite the loss of my friends Nick Asselta and Sonny McCullough, this is a very good night for Republicans in New Jersey. We picked up Assembly seats for the first time in 16 years and voters rejected two bond referendums which, although I support in principle, are a huge financial hole at a difficult time in this state.

The next two fiscal years in New Jersey are not expected to go well at all. I expect that in 2009, Nick Asselta will return to the Assembly as part of our new majority.

You actually think Republicans can gain an Assembly majority in New Jersey anytime soon?  If they couldn't do it in this climate, I don't think they ever will. 
A shift from being the most heavily Democratic state to a Republican stronghold does not happen over night.  The strategy of chipping away is good, we've been out of power for awhile there is no rush.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #102 on: November 09, 2007, 10:26:18 PM »

Republicans were gerrymandered into ten-year exile back in 2001.  The current lines are essentially a Democratic dream—hard to believe an independent commission came up with them.

The whole map changes in 2011, so any kind of long term analysis is futile.
Conan
conan

« Reply #103 on: November 14, 2007, 12:40:37 AM »

On PNJ, it says that turnout was 31%.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies