Do you support the Death Penalty (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:09:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Do you support the Death Penalty (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Yes or No?
Yes (D)

No (D)

Yes (R)

No (R)

Yes (I)

No (I)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 120

Author Topic: Do you support the Death Penalty  (Read 16717 times)
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: October 27, 2007, 03:52:39 PM »

I feel we both use the death penalty too much and too little.  Too much because there should be solid and testable forensic evidence that directly links the accused to the murder before it is invoked and too little because it is not applied enough.  Any homicide resulting from a felony act, not just the act of planning to kill someone, should cause death to be an applicable punishment and extenuating circumstances should have no bearing.  Executing a few people for killing someone while DWI might just sober up some people, and if not would at least start thinning the gene pool of those too susceptible to alcoholism that they cannot keep from drinking and driving.

However, for our European humanitarians, I'd be perfectly happy to commute the death penalty to permanent exile and imprisonment according to the term established by another country if that other country is willing to agree to take them and keep them.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies