For New Jersey residents or people that lived there... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 12:24:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  For New Jersey residents or people that lived there... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: For New Jersey residents or people that lived there...  (Read 1974 times)
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

« on: October 30, 2007, 05:34:30 PM »

New Jersey has one of the lowest gas tax rates in the country.

Mostly, though the fact that full-service stations are competing with self-service stations across the borders has also lowered prices. (In a vacuum, full-service stations would probably cost around $0.10 more than those in New Jersey, everything else being equal.)
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2007, 11:13:32 PM »

If I recall correctly, Sen. Gerry Cardinale is a perpetual supporter of ending self-serve gas, but it never goes anywhere because it has little support in the Senate, Assembly, or among the general populace.

Yes, Cardinale holds little rallies in Tenafly in favor of self-serve gas from time to time, actually. It's quite amusing.
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2007, 11:22:07 PM »

While we're b*tching about New Jersey, what the heck's up with I-95 there? It doesn't make any sense at all.

People in Somerset County protested the Somerset Freeway until it got cancelled, so I-95 is discontiguous. They're planning to reroute I-95 via the Pennsylvania Turnpike Extension to connect.
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2007, 06:17:26 PM »

Yes - the law of entering the country illegally.  That's the only law I'd deport them for breaking.

That seems like a rather arbitrary distinction.  Could you detail why you support deporting people who have been living here for up to a decade, have children here, have jobs here, and have family here?

I don't know about both of you, but I support the deportation of anyone found to be threadjacking.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies