Can Ron Paul and Mike Huckabee take some momentum away from the top 3?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 09:31:26 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Can Ron Paul and Mike Huckabee take some momentum away from the top 3?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Can Ron Paul and Mike Huckabee take some momentum away from the top 3?  (Read 1079 times)
defe07

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 26, 2007, 08:05:11 PM »

Both Ron Paul and Mike Huckabee are polling well (especially in Huck's case). I'd really like to know if we have time to see both Paul and Huckabee win the early primary states (Paul NH, Huck's IA). Paul needs something to prove that he's just not in the race for nothing. His poll numbers are inconsistent and it's hard to determine his real base (because many pollers have different criteria). His big bucks in fundraising and his excellent results in straw polls are really helping him but since he's the only anti-war GOP candidate, the MSM will try to hide anything (but not only in his case, they try to hide Hunter, Huckabee and Tancredo and their pov's). Huckabee has the support of the Christian right and he turns out to be the conservative everyone's looking for. So, is it possible to have both of them get into heat? Thanks Smiley
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2007, 08:31:12 PM »

Dude, Paul needs to poll more than 2% in NH before we can start saying he has a chance there. (Huckabee is leading in Arkansas IIRC)
Teller67
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2007, 08:40:29 PM »

Paul's polling at 7% in NH.
defe07

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2007, 08:45:16 PM »

Dude, Paul needs to poll more than 2% in NH before we can start saying he has a chance there. (Huckabee is leading in Arkansas IIRC)

Agreed. Even though Paul got 7% in one of the last NH polls, it's still not enough to get into heat. I think Paul needs to focus his chances on libertarian land, New Hampshire, if he wants to make a serious impact. Huck's is leading in AR and is in a close 2nd in IA, I knew about that. However, since I'm a Paul supporter, I want my man to do well. Hell, I'm even able to temporarily be a GOP voter just to vote for Paul. Paul needs to start polling in double digits in NH if he wants to stay alive and he should also focus on NV too. He got 5% in the latest USA Today poll but I think he can still poll well before we end the year (but he needs to either poll in double digits nationwide or gain in NH and a few other states).
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2007, 08:47:28 PM »

Agreed. Even though Paul got 7% in one of the last NH polls, it's still not enough to get into heat. I think Paul needs to focus his chances on libertarian land, New Hampshire, if he wants to make a serious impact. Huck's is leading in AR and is in a close 2nd in IA, I knew about that. However, since I'm a Paul supporter, I want my man to do well. Hell, I'm even able to temporarily be a GOP voter just to vote for Paul. Paul needs to start polling in double digits in NH if he wants to stay alive and he should also focus on NV too. He got 5% in the latest USA Today poll but I think he can still poll well before we end the year (but he needs to either poll in double digits nationwide or gain in NH and a few other states).

2% or 7%, it's irrelevant really. I highly doubt he'll break 10% in any primary.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2007, 02:25:05 AM »

2% or 7%, it's irrelevant really. I highly doubt he'll break 10% in any primary.

I think he will break 10% in NH but just barely.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2007, 09:04:44 AM »

The thing about Huckabee is that his momentum right now could actually get him the nomination if he continues going up and if Rudy and Romney start going down.  Paul won't get any farther than 3rd place if that.
gorkay

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2007, 12:23:35 PM »

Huckabee, yes. Paul, no. The obsession that some posters on this site have with him is not reflected in any way in the rest of the world.
frihetsivrare
Volksliberalist

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: -7.13

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2007, 06:48:19 PM »

Many of the primary polls on this site are of likely Republican primary voters.  Most of Ron Paul's supporters are not likely Repubican voters, and a lot have never even voted before.  Most definitely I would not be voting in the Republican primary if not for him.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2007, 06:51:55 PM »

Paul has no chance in the current cycle.  He won't break more than 10% nationally in the primaries.  Huckabee, on the other hand, is now being treated in the polls as if he's in the top tier with the rest.  With that kind of recognition by the polling organizations and increased media exposure, Huckabee can easily soak up half of Thompson's and McCain's support.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies