2008, Two Homophobes Vs Two Gays (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 05:31:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008, Two Homophobes Vs Two Gays (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2008, Two Homophobes Vs Two Gays  (Read 1373 times)
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: November 01, 2007, 12:08:10 PM »

Even I've got to side with the "homophobes" here.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2007, 02:15:36 PM »

Even I've got to side with the "homophobes" here.

Why?  Barney Frank is a standard centrist, or center left by american standards, as is McGreevey whatever his personal difficulties.  The two Republicans mentioned are not only less capable and intelligent by many degrees, they are intolerant ideological extremists.   Basically you have on one side two boring, moderate, compromise-seeking technocrats (legislator and executive respectively), and on the other two simpletons whose entire political career is based on trumpeting hatred of people like you and I, while being told how to vote by others in the GOP who are actually capable of understanding legislation.

But I forgot, your claim of moderation has long ago been discredited, Mr.Republican.

The main issue here is Jim McGreevey, and his actions as Governor of New Jersey.  He has proven himself to be an incompetent executive, and it is no exaggeration to say that he literally put lives in danger when he appointed his unqualified gay lover to head up Homeland Security for the state—one who couldn't even pass a basic security clearance.

Barney Franks' past indiscretions are largely forgivable as far as I'm concerned, but there's no way he can be seriously classified as a "moderate."
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies