Clinton running mate (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:08:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  Clinton running mate (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Clinton running mate  (Read 3749 times)
Wakie
YaBB God

« on: November 20, 2007, 12:32:31 PM »

Mark Warner would have been ideal but he's running for Senate.

Bill Richardson would be decent in that he's got experience, brings the Hispanic vote, helps in the Southwest, and doesn't "outshine" her.

Barack Obama brings star power but is inexperienced and seems to have foot/mouth tendencies.
Wakie
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2007, 07:37:40 PM »

Biden would be good.  He can bring in catholic voters, maybe swinging states like FL or OH.

I tend to disagree.  Don't get me wrong because I like Biden.  But speaking as a Catholic I don't vote for someone based on religion.  In fact I don't know of any Catholic who does vote based on religion.  There are some who vote based on view of Roe v Wade, but that's it.
Wakie
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2007, 12:24:23 PM »

Catholics just don't block-vote the way they once did. There might be a tiny number who do, but they are certainly not going to swing the election; the only 2004 Bush state with an above-average Catholic population is New Mexico. Every other Bush state has a lower percentage of Catholics than the national average.

According to Wikipedia, there are a number of others:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_Catholicism_in_the_United_States

like Arizona, Louisiana, and North Dakota.  Now granted, Wikipedia is often wrong, and I'm too lazy to look up the original source, but are you sure NM is the only one?

I tend to think that the block of voters in NM is Hispanic and, therefore, more likely to support a ticket with Richardson on it than one with Biden.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies