France General Discussion
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 09:59:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  France General Discussion
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 40
Author Topic: France General Discussion  (Read 131334 times)
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: December 18, 2007, 08:01:04 PM »

A question to peoples who don't live in France:

Is it spoken about the new girl-friend of Sarkozy in your medias?

Thank you

Yes, the retarded Quebec media goes crazy on that. Stupid people-obsessed media.
Bunwahaha [still dunno why, but well, so be it]
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #51 on: December 19, 2007, 10:32:45 AM »

Ohoho

And is that also in serious medias or just in tabloïds (question for UK, Quebec and else)?
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #52 on: December 19, 2007, 10:36:27 AM »
« Edited: December 19, 2007, 10:48:40 AM by Attorney General Hashemite »

Ohoho

And is that also in serious medias or just in tabloïds (question for UK, Quebec and else)?

Stupid tabloids, some cheaper newspapers. TV also
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #53 on: December 22, 2007, 02:03:10 PM »

Don't blame the consequence, but the cause.

Media give to peoples what peoples want.
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #54 on: January 07, 2008, 08:17:05 PM »

http://www.lemonde.fr/web/article/0,1-0@2-823448,36-996815,0.html

Jean Saint-Josse resigns as leader of CPNT, but says he'll continue to be active. 2007 candidate F. Nihous is the only candidate to take over the party thus far.

Saint-Josse is running for re-election in Coarraze as CPNT candidate in March.
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #55 on: January 08, 2008, 01:37:27 PM »

Back on the forum

http://www.lemonde.fr/web/article/0,1-0@2-823448,36-996815,0.html

Jean Saint-Josse resigns as leader of CPNT, but says he'll continue to be active. 2007 candidate F. Nihous is the only candidate to take over the party thus far.

Saint-Josse is running for re-election in Coarraze as CPNT candidate in March.

Hmm, the question would be, is that an important event of the current French politics.

I would prefer to speak about the "politique de civilisation" (could be simply translated by: "policy of civilisation") of Sarkozy.

As somebody ideas of what would it design?

To me, it would be a sort of neo-conservatism. Someone to agree? Other ideas?
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #56 on: January 08, 2008, 04:42:56 PM »

Sarkozy apparently said something along the lines of ending the retarded Communist 35-hour work week!

Yay for sanity!
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #57 on: January 10, 2008, 08:44:57 AM »

Sarkozy apparently said something along the lines of ending the retarded Communist 35-hour work week!

Yay for sanity!

Personally, I don't really care about the future of the 35 hours/week.

Clearly, I'm really more interesting in where Sarkozy is psychologically driving this country, my country, France.

That's why I spoke about his "politique de civilisation". I consider it's more important to know if this country is driving to a sort of neo-conservatism. Am I alone?
Math
math
France

« Reply #58 on: January 11, 2008, 01:19:32 PM »

Yes, 'cos it's words, only words... Especially with Sarkozy.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #59 on: January 11, 2008, 04:28:12 PM »

Honestly, I hadn't heard of Carla Bruni until Sarko started dating her.  I'm woefully out of touch with the fashion world.

But yes, the press did cover, eg, his taking her to EuroDisney and to the Pyramids.
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #60 on: January 14, 2008, 12:34:54 PM »

Yes, 'cos it's words, only words... Especially with Sarkozy.

Ah! A 3rd French here! We need some to equilibrate this "trusted by English peoples" "International discussion" room of this forum!

NO! 100 years War is not over!... Oh...euh... sorry... yes... it's over... well... calm down myself...

I'm joking of course concerning the English presence, if French peoples are not able to communicate in an other language than their, oh well for them!

Well, to be back on the subject, I know Sarkozy is a words and speeches expert, maybe one of the best on Earth currently, and I'm aware that he has a trend to give words and image instead of real things.

But, nevertheless, I think there is something serious with this "politique de civilisation". And I still think it would be some sort of neoconservatism with a christian trend. I thought this before he spoke about "politique de civilisation". His Vatican travel is to me the first step of it and I think we could see other steps of it during 2008.

Honestly, I hadn't heard of Carla Bruni until Sarko started dating her.  I'm woefully out of touch with the fashion world.

But yes, the press did cover, eg, his taking her to EuroDisney and to the Pyramids.

Even in the US! Was it in the big networks like ABC or else? And in non-tabloids press?
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #61 on: January 14, 2008, 05:09:14 PM »

I just hope he marries soon so we can get it over with. My opinion of him has greatly decreased in the past few months, but he's still better than Royal or Bayrou or anything else.
True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -2.87

« Reply #62 on: January 14, 2008, 05:30:27 PM »

I just hope he marries soon so we can get it over with. My opinion of him has greatly decreased in the past few months, but he's still better than Royal or Bayrou or anything else.

CNN, quoting some French sources, said he already has married her.
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #63 on: January 14, 2008, 05:31:57 PM »

CNN, quoting some French sources, said he already has married her.

Those are rumours, I saw a few back on Thursday.
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #64 on: January 15, 2008, 11:43:49 AM »

He's so strong (Sarkozy).

He surely loves that everybody speaks about him and Carla Bruni, but as media and journalists are too bad (especially in France), he can give the impression that everybody is obsessed by him without he cares about and that we should give interest to other things when he loves we give interest to it.

This country didn't need a leader who play with itself like that.
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #65 on: February 02, 2008, 08:42:17 AM »

Sarkozy officially married according to the UMP mayor of the 8th arrondissement. Thank god it's over.
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #66 on: February 02, 2008, 12:23:46 PM »

Sarkozy officially married according to the UMP mayor of the 8th arrondissement. Thank god it's over.

It's over?!?

Are you sure?!?

Well, let's hope, but remember, we're talking about Sarkozy!
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #67 on: February 02, 2008, 12:38:30 PM »

It's over?!?

Are you sure?!?

Well, let's hope, but remember, we're talking about Sarkozy!

http://www.lemonde.fr/politique/article/2008/02/02/nicolas-sarkozy-et-carla-bruni-se-sont-maries_1006810_823448.html

tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #68 on: February 02, 2008, 12:45:03 PM »
« Edited: February 02, 2008, 12:50:22 PM by tsionebreicruoc »

Yes, wedding is done, I knew it.

But, are you sure it is over with Nicolas Sarkozy's private life?!?

Hey France's First Lady is now Carla Bruni! Imagine the papers each time she'll do something!

Same question than before, concerning the wedding of Sarkozy:

Is it spoken outside of France? If yes, in which sort of medias?
Math
math
France

« Reply #69 on: February 03, 2008, 04:41:56 AM »

ok, when they will divorce now ? I take the wagers...
Silent Hunter
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

« Reply #70 on: February 04, 2008, 04:13:29 PM »

Covered in a number of them, but only a pic of them together. Remember, Sarkozy is due to visit the UK soon. Apparently a live-in lover wouldn't have been an acceptable consort.
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #71 on: February 06, 2008, 12:09:47 PM »

Covered in a number of them, but only a pic of them together. Remember, Sarkozy is due to visit the UK soon. Apparently a live-in lover wouldn't have been an acceptable consort.

I don't think this would have afraid Sarkozy but anyway it is ruled now.
PGSable
Rookie
« Reply #72 on: February 10, 2008, 03:10:13 PM »

Le Pen has been sentenced to three months in jail for comments he made in 2005 about the Nazi occupation of France.

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

He also claimed that the occupation "hadn't been particularly inhuman, even though there were some problems, which was inevitable in a country with an area of 550 000 square kilometers."
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #73 on: February 10, 2008, 03:21:23 PM »

Le Pen has been sentenced to three months in jail for comments he made in 2005 about the Nazi occupation of France.

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

He also claimed that the occupation "hadn't been particularly inhuman, even though there were some problems, which was inevitable in a country with an area of 550 000 square kilometers."

Is this meant to come as a surprise to anyone? Hopefully his daughter will lose in Henin-Beaumont and his Nazi party will be trounced in the locals.
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #74 on: February 15, 2008, 01:03:45 PM »
« Edited: February 15, 2008, 01:18:11 PM by tsionebreicruoc »

Sometimes, more and more, I'm tired of what's happening in my country.

Last event in date:

After having laughed the French constitution on the question of the secularism of the French Republic by 2 speeches, one in Vatican, the other in Saudi Arabia, both of them saying what the hosts wanted to hear, Sarkozy has done one more thing which make my mind a little more tired.

Yesterday, at the "Dîner du CRIF", dinner given by the representative institutions of Jews from France, important annual meeting of the French political life, where a lot of different politicians and different sort of peoples are invited, Sarkozy said he wants to establish a new thing.

He wants every 10 years French pupil to be confide the memory of a Jew child who existed and who died during Holaucost. One Jew child per pupil.

He thinks it would be good that 10 years pupils establish a relation between themselves and these children, an emotional relations. And this in the way to better understand the History and to better feel what can be a human horror.

...(as I said, such stupid decisions make my mind tired)...

First, a ten years child is psychologically fragile. By doing such a thing, by putting him in front of  a so much violent History and by personally linking him to a personal story of this violent History, he can't have the distance that he needs to have to make his mind and his thought balanced. The distance that we all need to have when we learn and study History. At best, these 10 years old children will not be able to have this distance, at worst they could be traumatized or at least shocked. Anyway, a lot of them could not be able to correctly deal with such a thing.

Second, doing this is taking a position on what's happening now concerning the Israel question. These children which won't be able to correctly deal with what they will be given, which won't be able to corectly analyze the past situation, will be made more sensitive emotionally to the current cause of Israel. Hey! Israel/Palestine is not our problem, we don't have to take position on this, or otherwise we have to clearly say it, but not using the weakness of children's spirit like this.

For sure, such a decision is, concerning the studying of History and its understanding, totally useless and inaccurate.

And concerning the consequences on the future political thought of these pupils, it's a kind of manipulation by emotions with the one they can't correctly deal as they are too psychologically fragile because of their youth.

My country... Sarkozy... The French... The current World...

Wow! Sometimes, if we don't take distance with things, we are at best tired, at worst nervous, and anyway our thought is not accurate. So, I try to take distance, but sometimes, it makes tired anyway.

Hey! Mr Sarkozy! Distance! You should learn the signification of this word. You who is always on air, on move, here and there, everywhere at the time, wanting to rule all the problems, when do you take distance? When do you wonder? When do you think? Hello! You're France's leader now, it's important to do such things for such a job...

More of that, why taking such decisions? Nothing forced you to do it. It doesn't answer to a problem. Is that to seduce Jew community, in and out of France? To be good seen by Israel and the US? To manipulate children? I just hope it's not for these reason and that you did it because you, "president", thought it was a great idea, as you often think you have a lot of personal, or small committee, very good ideas. Anyway, because of what I explained, this one really doesn't seem to be a great one, as others which are most of the time made to do some media communication...

Poor president, poor decisions, poor epoch...

Have to take distance...!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 40  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies