NJ-07: Mike Ferguson (R) will not seek re-election
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:46:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NJ-07: Mike Ferguson (R) will not seek re-election
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: NJ-07: Mike Ferguson (R) will not seek re-election  (Read 8254 times)
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: November 28, 2007, 09:12:07 AM »

I do feel bad for her.  She carries with her so much baggage by virtue of lineage alone that she couldn't conceivably win a GOP primary.

Why feel bad, though? If it weren't for the lineage, no one would be taking her seriously in the first place. Her parents should have a talk with her about the responsibility that goes along with the privilege of a historic name and great wealth. She shouldn't be allowed to make an ass of herself.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #76 on: November 28, 2007, 01:06:00 PM »

I do feel bad for her.  She carries with her so much baggage by virtue of lineage alone that she couldn't conceivably win a GOP primary.

Why feel bad, though? If it weren't for the lineage, no one would be taking her seriously in the first place. Her parents should have a talk with her about the responsibility that goes along with the privilege of a historic name and great wealth. She shouldn't be allowed to make an ass of herself.

Oh, I don't think she'd have a shot at something like a seat in congress at this point regardless of name, but her candidacy for Freeholder last year in Somerset County was sunk largely by her name.

Otherwise, her resume is rather impressive.  (I suppose a lot of that work comes from the famous last name, but holding the jobs that she's held does require a considerable amount of actual, verifiable skill and ability.)
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #77 on: November 29, 2007, 02:36:47 AM »

Spot-on take by Wally Edge.  Couldn't have said it better myself.

Lance needs to quickly get political
Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

We (the people of ye olde NJ-12) really should have sent Leonard Lance off to Congress back in 1996 when it would have been a gimme general election win.
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #78 on: November 29, 2007, 02:22:54 PM »

Kate Whitman, daughter of former Governor Christine Todd Whitman's, is in the race.
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #79 on: November 29, 2007, 02:28:56 PM »

Spot-on take by Wally Edge.  Couldn't have said it better myself.

Lance needs to quickly get political
Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

We (the people of ye olde NJ-12) really should have sent Leonard Lance off to Congress back in 1996 when it would have been a gimme general election win.

Agree 100%.
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #80 on: November 29, 2007, 04:11:28 PM »

What's the story on Mike Pappas and how he won in '96?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies