Rep. Jim Saxton to retire (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:33:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Rep. Jim Saxton to retire (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Rep. Jim Saxton to retire  (Read 6930 times)
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

« on: November 09, 2007, 10:39:31 PM »

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

If there's a Republican in NJ I support, it's Allen. Still, I am skeptical of her ability to distance herself from the national Republicans, especially given that Adler will be much better funded (so she may have to rely on the NRCC).
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2007, 11:33:58 PM »

Diane Allen is in the GOP State Senate leadership, so she seldom has problems raising money.  She raised $600k for her failed primary run in 2002, so she's got a pretty good donor base set up already.

Well, certainly, but, as we've seen countless times, $600,000 is chump change. Adler will be spending at least $5 million on this race; can Allen really keep up with that (especially when the Republicans will also be defending Ferguson, who has more support from state conservatives)?
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2007, 01:10:18 AM »

This I've never understood: If Romney is slick enough to win the Primary Election, what makes you think he's going to be so easy and effortless to beat in the General Election?

To be fair, with the exception of Huckabee, Romney's not exactly facing the dream team of Republican primaries.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies