2009 NJ Prediction (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:27:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election Predictions (Moderator: muon2)
  2009 NJ Prediction (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2009 NJ Prediction  (Read 23094 times)
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: November 12, 2007, 02:24:27 AM »

Off topic, I know, but who is the woman (dark aired, light blue clothes) picutred in the photo?

Fmr. Mayor or Rutherford Bernadette McPherson, ousted in historic fashion as a symbol of the rejection of property taxes, overdevelopment, dual-office holding and corruption that has plagued NJ

LOL, dual-office holding isn't frowned on by anyone in NJ except you. Rutherford should have been happy to have a mayor who had extra power at the county level. She was not particularly corrupt, either, certainly not more than those who replaced her, and the Republicans are even more in favor of development than the Democrats in most of Bergen County (which is why anti-development groups tend to be movements within the Democratic primaries or independents).

Dual office holding is frowned on by plenty of people in New Jersey.  Just not enough, generally, to swing elections.

I certainly oppose dual office holding.  (Though, as Conan is thrilled to point out, I don't live there anymore.)
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies