Kay Bailey Hutchison
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 08:33:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Kay Bailey Hutchison
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Kay Bailey Hutchison  (Read 6184 times)
RReagan4EVER
motomoto4510645106
Rookie

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 03, 2004, 10:56:21 AM »

Is Kay Going to run for Texas Governor? I hope she does. She will win by a landslide if she does.
Bandit3 the Worker
bandit73
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -9.92

« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2004, 02:40:20 AM »

She's a joke.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2004, 01:24:33 PM »

what's wrong with rick perry?

is the republican party going to do what they do best--turn their back on one of their elected officials?

note to republicans:  get some freakin backbone and show some loyalty for once.
Giant Saguaro
TheGiantSaguaro

Political Matrix
E: 2.58, S: 3.83

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2004, 10:19:17 PM »
« Edited: August 04, 2004, 10:39:27 PM by TheGiantSaguaro »

I don't know why she would now (Perry isn't in any danger that I'm aware of other than a sinking approval rating, but most governors GOP and Dem have had their approval ratings sink this year), but nonetheless I like Hutchison. I think she'd make a good governor, to say the least. If I were running for President and I were asked to put a few women's names on my list for possible VP's, hers would be one.
Bandit3 the Worker
bandit73
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2004, 10:20:48 PM »

He's a joke too.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2004, 12:29:43 PM »

Who isn't a joke?
Bandit3 the Worker
bandit73
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2004, 12:36:04 PM »

Ann Richards isn't. Jim Hightower definitely isn't.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2004, 01:11:33 PM »

She isn't a joke? Because I always laugh when I think about her 1988 Dem convention speech. "Poor George. He was born with a silver foot in his mouth." Then she runs for re-election for Governor of Texas and gets beat by "Poor George's" son, George W. Bush. Now who was it again with the foot in their mouth?
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2004, 01:18:58 PM »

what's wrong with rick perry?

is the republican party going to do what they do best--turn their back on one of their elected officials?

note to republicans:  get some freakin backbone and show some loyalty for once.

Perry's popularity has crashed (he seems to have been blamed for *everything* that's gone wrong in TX of late. Oh and IIRC there were those rumours that he's gay) and one of the Dems gerrymandered out of their seats (Turner) is going to run for a statewide office.

I agree, BOTH parties should show more loyalty... but that would get in the way of electoral advantages...
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2004, 05:01:54 PM »

Perry is a very good-looking man, don't you think?  People tend to forgive the pretty people easier than the ugly ones.  Still, Perry ought to have to fight for his job.  It was a cakewalk in 2002 against the "Democrat dream team"  I think Ron Paul could challenge any republican in that state in a primary and win, if Texans really knew what he stood for.  He could come out with a "Republican wing of the Repbulican Party" who wants to buy the GOP's soul back from the victims of the Nixon Strategy.  Talk about fiscal responsibility and such.  Texans dig straight talk about fiscal responsibility.
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2004, 04:19:41 PM »

If Bush loses in November, and Hutchinson runs for Texas Governor in '06, do you think Bush would run for the Senate seat?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2004, 04:21:07 PM »

If Bush loses in November, and Hutchinson runs for Texas Governor in '06, do you think Bush would run for the Senate seat?

Bush doesn't seem to be the type for Senator. I thought about him running in 2002 if he had lost to Gore but every time I think about it, I just can't imagine Bush on the Senate floor.
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2004, 07:21:13 PM »

Perry's popularity has crashed (he seems to have been blamed for *everything* that's gone wrong in TX of late.

Things have gone wrong in Texas?!...That must be why Texas leads the nation in jobs created since 1990:

http://www.bidc.state.tx.us/overview/03alljobscreated.htm

LOL!!!

Blame it on Texas...Dont blame it on me!

jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2004, 07:24:35 PM »

Bush doesn't seem to be the type for Senator. I thought about him running in 2002 if he had lost to Gore but every time I think about it, I just can't imagine Bush on the Senate floor.

After Nov 2004, there is 0.00% chance that Bush would ever run for any office again, win or lose in Nov.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2004, 07:25:55 PM »

After Nov 2004, there is 0.00% chance that Bush would ever run for any office again, win or lose in Nov.

I agree.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2004, 07:32:16 PM »

*everything* that's gone wrong in TX of late.

Take a wild guess how many millionaires live in the Houston metro area!  Hint...it is well over 100,000!
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2004, 06:19:52 AM »

*everything* that's gone wrong in TX of late.

Take a wild guess how many millionaires live in the Houston metro area!  Hint...it is well over 100,000!

Yeah, I know... I wasn't reffering to economic stuff. Let me rephrase: everything that's been bad and/or unpopular in Texas appears to have been blamed on him.
Useful scapegoat.
RReagan4EVER
motomoto4510645106
Rookie

« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2004, 01:22:28 PM »

I think Laura Bush is more likely to run for Senate than George.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2004, 03:06:12 AM »

Wait!  Wait ! Wait!  Did I get this right?  You think Bush is unqualified for the Senate, yet you think he's fit for President?  HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!  Can't wait until Melissa Brown and George Kenney go down in flames to Allyson Schwartz and Brendan Boyle!  November is going to look sweet!
RReagan4EVER
motomoto4510645106
Rookie

« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2004, 08:07:19 AM »

Wait!  Wait ! Wait!  Did I get this right?  You think Bush is unqualified for the Senate, yet you think he's fit for President?  HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!  Can't wait until Melissa Brown and George Kenney go down in flames to Allyson Schwartz and Brendan Boyle!  November is going to look sweet!

I dont think he ever said Bush was unqualified, I think you should learn to read people's posts.

Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2004, 10:10:01 PM »
« Edited: August 18, 2004, 10:14:41 PM by Keystone Phil »

Yes, of course, once again Handzus twists what I said. I never said Bush was unqualifed for Senate, I just can't see him in the Senate. There are many people I can't imagine as Senator but does that mean they aren't qualified? Of course not.  And then you go into a borderline-troll mode saying Brown and Kenney will "go down in flames" which has...well...nothing to do with this subject at all. You ought to start reading the posts more carefully, Handzus, if you don't want to look foolish.
RReagan4EVER
motomoto4510645106
Rookie

« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2004, 12:40:02 AM »

Right on Phil!
NHPolitico

« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2004, 10:09:37 AM »

Bush won't run for office again. Period.
RReagan4EVER
motomoto4510645106
Rookie

« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2004, 11:20:12 AM »

Has an Ex President Ever ran for Lower office?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2004, 11:21:29 AM »

Has an Ex President Ever ran for Lower office?

I know of an ex-VP (Nixon) who ran for lower office (California Governor) when he was out of office. I can't think of any President that has done this.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies