The Day After Yesterday (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:27:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  The Day After Yesterday (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Day After Yesterday  (Read 2958 times)
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
« on: August 06, 2004, 09:54:21 AM »

Amen, JFK. My thread in the section "Individual Politics" entitled "Why I'm a Democrat" explains fully well why I believe that the GOP base is fundamentally anti-American.

I feel that Bush lacks the moral courage to fight this war the way that it will truly be won; weaning ourselves from dependence on terrorist sponsoring dictatorships like Saudi Arabia by bringing about energy independence so that we don't need oil anymore. Of course, you can understand that an oilman wouldn't want to reduce his nation's dependence on the very lifeblood of his own business....

If we actually had a morally consistent foreign policy that was uniformally based on opposition to dictatorship and tyrrany, rather than our current foreign policy which supports whatever is good for big business (thus, supporting countries like China, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, etc.) even when it flies egregiously in the face of gross human rights violations, then we'd be FAR more respected and liked in the world. The problem with America's image in the world has nothing to do with this "They are jealous" BS, it's the fact that our foreign policy is hypocritical because we don't do what's best for people, we do what's best for profits. Sometimes we support dictatorship and terrorism, sometimes we oppose it, depending on what is good for business. If we had a morally consistent foreign policy, other countries would respect us and trust us to lead the global war on terror. But we lack the moral courage to stand up for what's right.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies