The Day After Yesterday (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:59:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  The Day After Yesterday (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Day After Yesterday  (Read 2953 times)
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: August 03, 2004, 05:41:26 PM »

I recently bought The Day After and thought it was eerily reminiscent of the liberal-left’s mocking of the War on Terror.  Like Reagan, Bush understands the only way to win a war is to take the fight to the enemy.  And like the liberals of the 1980’s, the liberals today don’t have the courage to face down the enemy.  Twenty years ago, they called Reagan reckless and his defense policies dangerous; today, which I’m dubbing The Day After Yesterday, they accuse Bush of conducting a war of choice, not of necessity.

Their intention today, as it was in the 80’s, is to weaken the war effort by creating mass hysteria.  Not only do they lack the courage to win the war and protect the American way of life, their intention, like the terrorists, is to destroy the current fabric of American society: both morally and economically (hence the liberals promotion of The Day After Tomorrow).

The Day After is perfect evidence of how wrong the liberals are.  I highly suggest everyone buy a copy and see how the liberals viewed the winning strategy which bankrupted the USSR and hastened the end of the Cold War.
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2004, 01:11:57 AM »

The theory at the time was that Reagan, intentionally or not, was goading the Soviets into a war.

Don't bother trying to explain it to them.  To them, all the movie's references to Reagan placing Tridents in Western Europe and thus provoking a confrontation with the Soviets is over their head.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies