IA PrimD: Associated Press/Ipsos: Obama now ahead of Clinton in IA
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 01:03:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 U.S. Presidential Primary Election Polls
  IA PrimD: Associated Press/Ipsos: Obama now ahead of Clinton in IA
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: IA PrimD: Associated Press/Ipsos: Obama now ahead of Clinton in IA  (Read 1289 times)
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 19, 2007, 06:59:09 PM »

New Poll: Iowa President by Associated Press/Ipsos on 2007-11-18

Summary: Clinton: 26%, Edwards: 22%, Obama: 30%, Richardson: 11%, Other: 8%, Undecided: 3%

Poll Source URL: Full Poll Details

Aizen
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -9.22

« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2007, 07:12:56 PM »

aww yeah
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2007, 07:27:27 PM »

I predict that Eraserhead will be very excited by this poll, and will surely comment in this thread.  Wink
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2007, 08:03:57 PM »

While this poll is definitely a good thing, the changes from the last poll taken by this firm are all within the MoE.

Obama: 30 (27)
Clinton: 26 (26)
Edwards 22 (26)
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2007, 08:20:03 PM »

Oh oh its maaaaaaaaaaagic.....you knnnooowwww.....nneeevvveerrr bbbeelliieevvvee iittss nnnoott soooooooo....
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2007, 09:30:06 PM »

I predict that Eraserhead will be very excited by this poll, and will surely comment in this thread.  Wink

Your prediction is accurate Mr. Morden. Party time!

(Alright lets see this backed up by a few other polls and then it is party time...)

The interesting thing is that there are a lot of good numbers for Obama in this poll beyond the actual caucus numbers too.
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.25, S: -2.72

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2007, 09:57:13 PM »

Awesome! I just saw this on politicalwire.com and hoped someone would've posted about it.

Obama has improved his campaign in the past 2 or 3 weeks and he is now gaining some momentum. He is nipping on Hillary's heels here in New Hampshire as well!
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2007, 10:11:47 PM »

While this poll is definitely a good thing, the changes from the last poll taken by this firm are all within the MoE.

Obama: 30 (27)
Clinton: 26 (26)
Edwards 22 (26)

The older poll is also from July, when Obama was higher nationally than now (or, at least, than before the last couple of weeks).
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2007, 12:36:34 AM »
« Edited: November 20, 2007, 12:39:12 AM by Eraserhead »

-The poll shows Iowa voters narrowly trust Obama most to handle Iraq and Iran over Clinton.

-Richardson narrowly leads Obama on who would handle immigration best.

-Clinton and Obama are tied on who would handle Social Security and the economy the best.

-Clinton holds a wide lead on the question of who would handle healthcare the best with Edwards in second.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2007, 01:32:53 AM »

More good stuff:

Clinton   Obama   Edwards   Richardson

All likely voters            26%      30       22          11

Certain to attend            26       28       23          12

Attended previous caucus     21       27       26          11

First time                   34       35       14          11

Men                          19       28       25          15

Women                        31       32       19           8

Democrats                    28       28       22          10

Independents                 18       35       24          10

Obama leads Clinton by a point even among women? This poll is too good to be true (hope not though).
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2007, 09:59:37 AM »

Good news. Hopefully we'll get an Obama nomination. Iowa owes us for that debacle in 2004!
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2007, 11:15:04 AM »

Why is it that Libertarians actually seem to like Obama? I have noticed that trend...
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2007, 11:23:31 AM »

Why is it that Libertarians actually seem to like Obama? I have noticed that trend...

Probably because he's more of a populist than a liberal, and therefore less likely to socialize things.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2007, 02:54:03 PM »

No we don't.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2007, 04:58:36 PM »

No we don't.

How are you a libertarian? Is your PM score off?
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2007, 11:01:24 PM »

I can't speak for anyone else, but I'll give you my two cents. Obama certainly isn't a libertarian, but I like him more than the other Democratic offerings. He does seem sincere about his beliefs, which is unusual for a politician. I don't think he's an angel mind you, but I think he's less corrupt than most of Washington. He also seems willing to compromise, which is a good thing - after two terms of a president that has helped widen the partisan divide in this country we need someone who can close the gap. Hillary on the other hand reeks of established, dishonest politics and I feel her record shows it, and she certainly isn't the compromising type and we know that she's divisive.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2007, 11:12:34 PM »

I can't speak for anyone else, but I'll give you my two cents. Obama certainly isn't a libertarian, but I like him more than the other Democratic offerings. He does seem sincere about his beliefs, which is unusual for a politician. I don't think he's an angel mind you, but I think he's less corrupt than most of Washington. He also seems willing to compromise, which is a good thing - after two terms of a president that has helped widen the partisan divide in this country we need someone who can close the gap. Hillary on the other hand reeks of established, dishonest politics and I feel her record shows it, and she certainly isn't the compromising type and we know that she's divisive.

Well if we go by the National Journal's 2006 ratings, Obama has a composite conservative score of 14 to Clinton's 30.
Cubby
Pim Fortuyn
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -3.74, S: -6.96

« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2007, 02:23:04 AM »

Well if we go by the National Journal's 2006 ratings, Obama has a composite conservative score of 14 to Clinton's 30.

Ever since she's been in the Senate, Hillary has gone out of her way to work with Republican Senators on getting bills passed, and she's even taken conservative stands on some issues (such as flag burning.) But its all part of her plan to be seen as a moderate for the general election. All the votes she casts have just been laying the groundwork for this race.

Obama may have a more liberal score, but he's not "waiting for the restoration" like Hillary is.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2007, 11:38:09 PM »

Ever since she's been in the Senate, Hillary has gone out of her way to work with Republican Senators on getting bills passed, and she's even taken conservative stands on some issues (such as flag burning.) But its all part of her plan to be seen as a moderate for the general election. All the votes she casts have just been laying the groundwork for this race.

Obama may have a more liberal score, but he's not "waiting for the restoration" like Hillary is.

Yeah, that's another thing I don't like about Hillary - she's a political crack-whore, doing anything for political capital. She'll take stands against things like violent videogames knowing it won't damage her, even if she doesn't honestly give a crap in all likeliness. No real credibility as far as I'm concerned.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies