10 fattest states (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 01:44:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  10 fattest states (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 10 fattest states  (Read 22251 times)
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« on: November 22, 2007, 04:39:50 PM »

And Minnesotans are relatively fat for participating the most in physical activities... it's all the hot dish and Cool Whip infused jello salad
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2007, 08:10:23 PM »

Looking at the map, the link between class and obesity is pretty obvious, though nowhere near perfect (Wisconsin? Maryland?)

It's much more complex than that.

Class, culture, traditional foods, availability of physical activities, location all factor in.

Colorado is skinnier than the rest of us because a lot of active people move there since they have so many outdoor activities.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2007, 11:53:16 PM »

This is also based on BMI, though, and I think race/ethnicity has something to do with it, just for the fact of body size/mass.

Minnesota has always been on the heavier side despite being a healthy, active state with a high median income and a well-educated population.

We also have a lot of Scandinavian and German roots here, so people are quite tall and generally bigger than people in other parts of the country.  According to the BMI, Michael Jordan and most football players are borderline obese... despite being quite healthy.

So, this isn't 100% accurate.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2007, 01:05:12 AM »

Skinny southern girls:

Upper midwest girls:

The southern girls would be named:

Claire, Belle, Adair, etc..

The northern girls:

Ut, Grunhild, Ingrid

Okay, I exaggerated a bit.. but the northern girls definitely look like they're made of a heartier stock.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies