Australia General Discussion (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:47:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Australia General Discussion (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Australia General Discussion  (Read 252861 times)
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« on: January 30, 2013, 06:52:40 AM »

But why? I was very excited for this news. It will be great fun. Then again, ask me again in 8 months. I'm extremely curious as to how Abbott would eliminate the carbon tax AND the mining tax AND the NBN but balance the budget and pay for all of the carrots on his stick. Great fun.
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2013, 08:54:21 PM »

The 2013-14 budget was announced yesterday. Lots of people disappointed, the opposition is calling the plan to get back into surplus next year a farce. Am I the only one who doesn't care about the deficit that much?

Still, plenty of cuts to satisfy if that's your priority, plus new taxes. Didn't see that coming.
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2013, 08:56:05 PM »

http://m.smh.com.au/business/federal-budget/cornered-labor-chooses-brave-way-out-20130514-2jklb.html

Interesting theories.
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2013, 07:10:44 AM »

Julia just got Julia'd, and a slew of MP's have announced they won't run for re-election. I hope the debate changes drastically now, I'm so tired of hearing about this.. though I'm eating it up at the moment. If it were just my speculation in play, people would have even less confidence in Labour. Still would take them over Mr. Rabbit
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2013, 07:25:54 AM »

Winning the upcoming election, or at least dampening the blow, was always a fantasy scenario. Might as well shoot for the stars. Personally I was hoping for some rogue third candidate to contest and win. That would have been exciting.
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2014, 08:47:06 PM »

Thanks for needlessly making my life and millions of other peoples lives harder, Liberals.

Seriously, this is completely irresponsible governance. This is not "we are all in this together," this is mildly inconveniencing some higher income earners and leaving the rest of us to rot. This is making it harder for anyone at the bottom to even get an opportunity to attempt at climbing. Reprehensible.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies