CNN Republican You-Tube Debate -- Wednesday, November 28, 2007 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:35:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  CNN Republican You-Tube Debate -- Wednesday, November 28, 2007 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: CNN Republican You-Tube Debate -- Wednesday, November 28, 2007  (Read 12582 times)
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« on: November 29, 2007, 07:29:46 PM »

Jesus, Romney is the biggest panderer.  He even pandered to Sox fans, his family is from MI right?  But there lifelong Sox fans? I don't think so
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2007, 07:36:57 PM »

I'm a Cubs fan, and I've never lived in Chicago.

I'm having a really hard time not liking Huckabee. He's just so good. And his positions sound so not crazy. Gah.
FAIR TAX!!

I'm surprised liberals aren't running for the hills!  The idea of the government not taking more money from the rich to hand to the uneducated and lazy
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2007, 10:01:55 PM »

Also, on Huckabee, why haven't any Republicans called him a tax-and-spender yet? That would be the easiest way to slow his momentum if you're Romney or Giuliani or McCain. He called the Club for Growth the "Club for Greed". Fred did last night in his ad but didn't follow up on it forcefully enough.

The problem with that argument is it's a double-edge sword.  Overall, Huckabee cut taxes for the state of Arkansas.  However, he was in charge as Arkansas saw large economic growth, leading to larger tax revenue.  It's like what happened here in PWC.  Our housing values shot up fast, forcing the county to cut our taxes to the lowest rate ever, yet the county saw higher tax revenue still.  So, did we get a tax cut?  Of course.  Did we pay more taxes?  Of course.  The same is true with Arkansas at the time, as well as most states.
Upon watching that ad I thought:

WOW THAT GUY WAS IMMENSE!!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies