CNN Republican You-Tube Debate -- Wednesday, November 28, 2007 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:04:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  CNN Republican You-Tube Debate -- Wednesday, November 28, 2007 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: CNN Republican You-Tube Debate -- Wednesday, November 28, 2007  (Read 12547 times)
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« on: November 29, 2007, 08:17:27 AM »

It lived up to my expectations... low.  Too many softball questions, and too much time given to Romney and Rudy.  In my mind, Rudy, Romney, and Paul hurt their campaigns with their wishy-washy answers and personal attacks.  No one really stood out from the pack, though Thompson, Hunter, and Huckabee had good answers, and Tancredo was rather calm.  McCain was neither great nor bad... just there, unlike Alan Keyes.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2007, 05:04:04 PM »

I was watching some questions on YouTube, and during the Bible question, when Rudy said "I read the Bible quite frequently," I chuckled.

Also, does Romney have a slight cold or nasal congestion?

I don't know, but Romney really blew his response to the Bible question.  Maybe it was the point of the question to see if Romney would say yes or no.  Not sure, but I'm sure someone would have told him to work on a response for that question in case it popped up.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2007, 10:00:34 PM »

Also, on Huckabee, why haven't any Republicans called him a tax-and-spender yet? That would be the easiest way to slow his momentum if you're Romney or Giuliani or McCain. He called the Club for Growth the "Club for Greed". Fred did last night in his ad but didn't follow up on it forcefully enough.

The problem with that argument is it's a double-edge sword.  Overall, Huckabee cut taxes for the state of Arkansas.  However, he was in charge as Arkansas saw large economic growth, leading to larger tax revenue.  It's like what happened here in PWC.  Our housing values shot up fast, forcing the county to cut our taxes to the lowest rate ever, yet the county saw higher tax revenue still.  So, did we get a tax cut?  Of course.  Did we pay more taxes?  Of course.  The same is true with Arkansas at the time, as well as most states.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2007, 10:03:46 PM »

Yeah.  I've forgotten how big he was back then.  Talk about an amazing change.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies