CNN Republican You-Tube Debate -- Wednesday, November 28, 2007 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:14:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  CNN Republican You-Tube Debate -- Wednesday, November 28, 2007 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: CNN Republican You-Tube Debate -- Wednesday, November 28, 2007  (Read 12577 times)
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« on: November 27, 2007, 10:38:30 AM »

The only question that matters is whether Mike Naso gets a video on.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2007, 03:54:39 PM »

I've been looking all day, no luck so far.

Here's a winner though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkuL-pWyA6g&feature=related
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2007, 06:48:55 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egC3g88Ldf8

More Republicans w/cats.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2007, 11:57:05 PM »

I saw the last hour plus the highlights:

1. Romney backtracked more than anything. I don't think I heard him answering a question without backtracking or changing his position. He really f'ed up a question about gays in the military.

2. Guiliani laid out his record well, always giving an example from his background while answering. In a highlight he got into a pissing match (that he lost BTW) with Romney over illegal immigration.

3. Huckabee had wit and charm, but didn't answer a serious important question that I saw.

4. I forgot Tancredo and Hunter were at the debate until Tancredo said he would stop space funding (FF).

5. CNN had Hillary's Gay Issues guy (a former General) ask the candidates a question on gays in the military. If anyone did not know who CNN's candidate was, they know now.

6. Thompson's answers kind of flowed together in a jumble of generalities. This man will not last until Iowa.

7. McCain put in a solid preformance, but didn't get the preformance he needed to get back into contention. I doubt whether he can remain competitive in even New Hampshire.

8. Ron Paul brought everything back to Iraq. It's also kind of annoying how CNN (and others) treat him as one of the serious candidates rather than relegating him to the four minutes of face time (combined) Hunter and Tancredo received.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2007, 12:20:22 AM »

I see the clueless Romney bashers in this thread are in full flight tonight.

I'll give you a pass because I didn't watch most of this debate, but after Romney answer to the General, you need to withdraw this statement to have any credibility at all. Your guy completely fucked himself tonight at a time when he really couldn't afford to give his rivals more ammunition. And now he looks like an utter fool in front of probably the largest conservative/Republican audience that he'll face until Iowa.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2007, 11:52:38 PM »

I think it's precious people here treated this like a real debate.

Whether or not it was an actual debate (let's be clear, there hasn't been one of those in American Presidential Politics in ages) the media treats it as a debate, the public watching hears debate, and they judge it as they would a debate.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies