"Why I am a Republican" by Mike Huckabee
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 08:51:40 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  "Why I am a Republican" by Mike Huckabee
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: "Why I am a Republican" by Mike Huckabee  (Read 510 times)
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 29, 2007, 05:30:32 PM »

I thought this was kinda interesting, since people tend to discuss Huckabee's less-conservative views on some domestic issues.  This comes from a presentation in Iowa (don't know when), but I am assuming in October 2007.  (video link - about 30 mins into the video)

You all know I am a Republican, and what I am about to say is perhaps political heresy, but here it goes.  I'm not a Republican because I like politics.  I'm a Republican because it was the only place I could go where I could affirm and be affirmed in my deep conviction that life is a gift from the almighty God that begins at conception and that we have a moral obligation to protect it so long as God gives it breath and life and we do not have the right to take it artificially.  There are many people who today say they're Republican today who use say they were Democrat.  They moved from one to the other not because they moved but because their parties did.  Let me be clear: if the party to which I'm currently a member decides it no longer believes the things that matter most, that are eternal, that have longer lasting value than the politics of the next election, then I'll have to keep looking and find some other place or be alone.  But being alone, in principal, is better than being in a crowded room that where nobody believes anything or stands for anything.  If we don't stand for something we'll fall for anything.

I don't really have anything to add, other than I thought it was interesting.  The whole speech was good, with some good humor and decent points, even if you are a Democrat.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies