Iraq didn't support terrorists!?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:27:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  Iraq didn't support terrorists!?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Iraq didn't support terrorists!?  (Read 1887 times)
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 05, 2004, 03:43:45 AM »

What about all of this?

http://www.csmonitor.com/2002/0402/p01s03-wome.html

http://home.cogeco.ca/~kurdistanobserver/21-4-02-telegraph-saddam-helps-ansar.html

http://www.iraqinews.com/org_ansar_al-islam.shtml
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2004, 03:55:46 AM »

Lefties may now dodge away.
Blue Rectangle

Political Matrix
E: 8.50, S: -0.62

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2004, 12:11:34 PM »

Throughout the Iraq War, we have heard plenty of spin that Ansar al-Islam does not "count" as a terrorist group because they posed no threat to the US.  Bush's assertions that the group was linked to al Qaida were scoffed at.  Today's news should put those notions to rest.

How many terror attacks in NY does Bush have to prevent before the state supports him?
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2004, 01:21:57 PM »

This doesn't surprise me.  The KDP and PUK were a threat to bin Laden for their support of democratic capitalism and the US.  They were a threat to Saddam because of their militant opposition to him.  Why wouldn't bin Laden followers and Saddam cooperate?

By the way, all you liberals who want to bring up the 9/11 report as debunking Iraq links to terrorism had best not try.  You see, I actually read the report, and it goes into great detail about Iraq and Ansar/Al Qaeda cooperating to defeat the Kurdish militias.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2004, 05:01:57 AM »

This doesn't surprise me.  The KDP and PUK were a threat to bin Laden for their support of democratic capitalism and the US.
"Democratic"? Hardly.
Michael Z
Mike
YaBB God
Political Matrix
E: -5.88, S: -4.72

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2004, 09:09:52 AM »
« Edited: August 06, 2004, 10:31:48 AM by Michael Z »

Where conservatives are right, they're right. However, this "I'm right you're wrong ner ner"-attitude doesn't help and only adds to the animosity which already exists between Dems and Republicans.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2004, 01:23:34 PM »

Where conservatives are right, they're right. However, this "I'm right you're wrong ner ner"-attitude doesn't help and only adds to the animosity which already exists between Dems and Republicans.

Wait a second, there is no such attitude.  People are charging that Bush knowingly lied to send us to war.  I am giving information that shows otherwise.  
Michael Z
Mike
YaBB God
Political Matrix
E: -5.88, S: -4.72

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2004, 01:31:28 PM »
« Edited: August 06, 2004, 01:38:21 PM by Michael Z »

Wait a second, there is no such attitude.  People are charging that Bush knowingly lied to send us to war.  I am giving information that shows otherwise.  

Sorry, I didn't address your particular post, but John Ford's condescending "you liberals"-posturing.
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2004, 05:00:24 PM »

Sorry, I didn't address your particular post, but John Ford's condescending "you liberals"-posturing.

I have every right to call liberals who say the 9/11 report debunks Bush's claims are full of it.  I read the report, they didn't.  I can quote it for you, too, if you'd like.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies