9 out of 10 of Kerry's swift mates say he's a hero
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 08:23:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  9 out of 10 of Kerry's swift mates say he's a hero
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: 9 out of 10 of Kerry's swift mates say he's a hero  (Read 8498 times)
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 05, 2004, 07:47:05 AM »
« edited: August 05, 2004, 07:49:02 AM by jfern »

The 10th is a liar.
http://www.time.com/time/nation/printout/0,8816,599034,00.html
AuH2O
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2004, 08:28:28 AM »

Well, yeah, because they don't want to look bad. Kerry might have been in charge, but it was their boat too. Plus, no one is saying Kerry didn't fight or something like that.

'Unfit for Command' mostly is concerned with his use of that 4-month period for openly political purposes (videotaping, reenactments, etc.) and the questionable circumstances under which he was awarded most of his medals.

That book is supported by half of the people in the swift boat group picture Kerry has used, including the doctor that treated him for his 2nd purple heart and the person that took over Kerry's swiftboat.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2004, 08:32:53 AM »

http://www.powmiafamiliesagainstjohnkerry.com/
http://www.vietnamveteransagainstjohnkerry.com/
http://www.vetsagainstkerry.org/
http://www.vnsfvetakerry.com/
http://www.greenberet.net/kerry/
http://www.kerrylied.com/
http://www.i-served.com/MagruderArticlesIndex.html
http://www.nojohnkerry.org/page2.htm
http://tonkin.spymac.net/hanoikerry1.html

One link for every of the 9.  With this being a democratic Republic, we'll let the majority decide.
mddem2004

Political Matrix
E: -6.38, S: -4.00

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2004, 12:49:26 PM »

MODU, AuH2O......
You guys really are pathetic.

a) At least we know WHERE Kerry was during his service to his country.......fighting the war.

b) At least Kerry, when president, will know what its like to be in combat if he should ever have to send our forces to war, again something this president will never know when making that fateful decision.

c) Kerry upon graduation from Yale VOLUNTEERED to go to Vietnam. Bush was placed at the head of the Texas Air National Guard by his daddy congressman pulling strings for him.

Its quite obvious that you just can't swallow the fact the John Kerry is a true war hero, and poor ole' "W" just couldn't cut it. Get over it.

You don't do your side any favors with your "he didn't deserve those medals" aurguments when your guy can't even explain why he failed to show up for his Flight Medical Exam in 1972, thus disqualifying him to fly his
F-102 protecting Texas's oilfields.

Do yourselves and all veterans a favor.....pick a substantive aurgument in this election to argue instead of looking like right wing extremists trying to discredit a combat veteran because you can't argue the issue.......
Giant Saguaro
TheGiantSaguaro

Political Matrix
E: 2.58, S: 3.83

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2004, 01:23:56 PM »

I'm sure there are people out there who believe he can go faster than a speeding train and jump over tall buildings...

But what I'm interested in is his behavior after all of his heroics and saving the world and how it relates to the allusions people have made to Kerry's mere existence just making everything a little bit better.

This deal where a liberal screams his/her patriotism is being questioned any time he/she is questioned on an important issue is pretty good. They've gotten pretty good at it. "You voted against every defense system we have." "You're questioning my patriotism!" "You voted to raise taxes on such-and-such dates." "You're questioning my patriotism!" Going on the defense like that is usually a bad sign, unless you're able to get the sympathy vote, of course.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2004, 01:26:49 PM »

Am I the only one who's tired of this Vietnam crap, from both sides?
Giant Saguaro
TheGiantSaguaro

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2004, 01:27:56 PM »
« Edited: August 05, 2004, 01:28:42 PM by TheGiantSaguaro »

MODU, AuH2O......
You guys really are pathetic.

a) At least we know WHERE Kerry was during his service to his country.......fighting the war.

b) At least Kerry, when president, will know what its like to be in combat if he should ever have to send our forces to war, again something this president will never know when making that fateful decision.

c) Kerry upon graduation from Yale VOLUNTEERED to go to Vietnam. Bush was placed at the head of the Texas Air National Guard by his daddy congressman pulling strings for him.

Its quite obvious that you just can't swallow the fact the John Kerry is a true war hero, and poor ole' "W" just couldn't cut it. Get over it.

You don't do your side any favors with your "he didn't deserve those medals" aurguments when your guy can't even explain why he failed to show up for his Flight Medical Exam in 1972, thus disqualifying him to fly his
F-102 protecting Texas's oilfields.

Do yourselves and all veterans a favor.....pick a substantive aurgument in this election to argue instead of looking like right wing extremists trying to discredit a combat veteran because you can't argue the issue.......

A) Doesn't matter - I'm more interested in what he did afterwards.

B) Why is this an important quality NOW?

C) What will you guys criticize next, someone joining the Air Force or Navy because it's easier? Oh no! Can't do that yet, Kerry was in the Navy. Next time when there's a Democrat with no military experience maybe the Dems will come out with that.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2004, 01:34:46 PM »

no
Giant Saguaro
TheGiantSaguaro

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2004, 01:38:49 PM »

And maybe someone will explain anyway how military experience in the 1960s during a conventional war with limited technology and more muscle will aid one in the 21st century fighting a very unconventional war with more technology and more brain than muscle! Uh-oh.
Defarge

Political Matrix
E: -3.13, S: -0.72

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2004, 01:41:24 PM »

Vietnam for both sides is simply fodder for the base.  At best, spewing it estranges undecided voters.
Beefalow and the Consumer
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.77, S: -8.78

« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2004, 01:42:42 PM »

If I do a whois on these domains, how many do you suppose have the same administrative contact info?

I bet I can register 100 pro-Badnarik domains!  I think Network Solutions has a bulk package for pretty cheap...
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: -6.09

« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2004, 01:53:03 PM »

I am also.
khirkhib

« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2004, 02:06:37 PM »

White House repudiates anti-Kerry ad

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=1521&ncid=696&e=1&u=/afp/20040805/pl_afp/us_vote_ads

The ad will probably stop shortly. To big a gamble.  It was only aired in Ohio, West Virginia and Wisconsin so mostly a defense move.  I wonder what sort of damage it did.  
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2004, 02:07:29 PM »

Same here. Who cares? This stuff happened over three decades ago, when both Kerry and Bush were young and stupid. They've likely gone through some major changes since then, so if I'm to care about their character I want to know what their character is as of today, not what they were like over thirty years ago.
mddem2004

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2004, 02:31:29 PM »

No your not.....I am too......but I won't let the Right discredit/distort Kerry's record either. I DO wish they would move on and argue the REAL issues in this election.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2004, 02:57:32 PM »

I'm less concerned with his short military career than I am with his anti-war protesting days.  By the sound of it, most of you either were born after the VN war, or are too young to remember Kerry back then.  For us who who remember, your view on this issue would be much different, if not at least less-dismissive of the topic.  He and his friends made life hell for those fighting.  And for us, who either were there, or had friends/family there, he was no better than the VC themselves.  So please, don't even try to dismiss this as "right wing" attacks.  He brought it upon himself the day he signed up with the VVAW.  
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2004, 03:19:40 PM »

And for us, who either were there, or had friends/family there, he was no better than the VC themselves.  

Ah, ok then.

*twitch*
mddem2004

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2004, 04:55:21 PM »

I'm less concerned with his short military career than I am with his anti-war protesting days.  By the sound of it, most of you either were born after the VN war, or are too young to remember Kerry back then.  For us who who remember, your view on this issue would be much different, if not at least less-dismissive of the topic.  He and his friends made life hell for those fighting.  And for us, who either were there, or had friends/family there, he was no better than the VC themselves.  So please, don't even try to dismiss this as "right wing" attacks.  He brought it upon himself the day he signed up with the VVAW.  
MODU I'm not toooooo young to remember. But what your saying now, his post Vietnam actions, is a far cry from the "he didn't earn his medals" rhetoric we are now seeing creep out of the Right.

Your right, his post Vietnam actions with the VVAW should not be a Left/Right issue. Yet again the Right will paint it that way. Not surprisingly I do however disagree with you on his actions. That war had gone on far too long and I thank Kerry and others for trying to bring this counry to its sences. I for one look at his actions and others as "how many lives did he help save by pressuring this government to end the war". A debatable point to be sure.

But again, those actions he took should in no way detract from his service. The Right would be well counciled to look to those that are leading the Republican campaign (ie Gillespie/Roscot) and follow their example and say "we thank him for his service" and move on.

I for one am PERFECTLY WILLING to say of both men that they served our country as they saw fit and move the hell on to the issues of 2004. But don't discredit a vet's service simply because he is your political opponent......
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2004, 04:58:43 PM »

HEHE i was thinking the same thing.
MN-Troy
Rookie

« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2004, 05:42:04 PM »

Your topic headline reminds me of those commerical where the spokesperson says 4 out of 5 dentists recommend Colgate toothpaste over the leading brand.

I can just picture a John Kerry AD doing just that.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2004, 07:20:59 PM »

So apparentely MODU thinks no one should've ever said anything wrong about Vietnam and just let that travesty continue instead of like Kerry try to bring an end to the war and bring them home.

I'm sure plenty of people here who know people in Iraq have no problems with anti-Iraq war protestors.

If Vietnam was wrong, protesting it was right.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2004, 08:30:36 PM »

So apparentely MODU thinks no one should've ever said anything wrong about Vietnam and just let that travesty continue instead of like Kerry try to bring an end to the war and bring them home.

I'm sure plenty of people here who know people in Iraq have no problems with anti-Iraq war protestors.

If Vietnam was wrong, protesting it was right.

Ummm, no, I have no problem with debating the decision to go to war.  I have a problem with Kerry endangering the lives of us, our familes, and friends who were in VN at the time with his deceitful remarks and activites when he returned early from the theater.  This is what most VN vets feel towards Kerry.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2004, 08:37:38 PM »

I don't see the difference between protesting and "debating", Kerry was just saying the war was wrong and needed to be ended. And I don't see how he endangered anyone. I think soldiers overseas have far bigger threats to them than some protestors in America.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2004, 09:45:57 PM »

I don't see the difference between protesting and "debating", Kerry was just saying the war was wrong and needed to be ended. And I don't see how he endangered anyone. I think soldiers overseas have far bigger threats to them than some protestors in America.

There's a difference compared to Kerry's actions.  You might want to read up on his movement and how the changed the perception of our troops during that time, and how the VC were using his words against our POW's and to validate their actions against the US troops.  This is what the latest generation seems to not learn in school these days since it's not "politically correct."
ijohn57s

« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2004, 09:47:47 PM »

No your not.....I am too......but I won't let the Right discredit/distort Kerry's record either. I DO wish they would move on and argue the REAL issues in this election.

Kerry's the one who drudged Vietnam up.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies