Gerrymandering poll (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 12:36:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Gerrymandering poll (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Gerrymandering poll  (Read 19726 times)
DarthKosh

« on: February 17, 2004, 02:32:45 PM »

I've gone for PA... the map in the south west of the state is vile (TWO seats were abolished and a new one was created so that Murphey could have a seat! What's worse is that the seat that should have gone (the 4th) was gerrymandered to keep the GOP incumbent safe... and the 12th (which is in effect the worked coalfield...) really does look like an upside Chinese dragon...)
For year the Dems in Pa lived by the gerrymander and now they are crying because of it.  They are a joke.
DarthKosh

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2004, 04:07:23 PM »

I've gone for PA... the map in the south west of the state is vile (TWO seats were abolished and a new one was created so that Murphey could have a seat! What's worse is that the seat that should have gone (the 4th) was gerrymandered to keep the GOP incumbent safe... and the 12th (which is in effect the worked coalfield...) really does look like an upside Chinese dragon...)
For year the Dems in Pa lived by the gerrymander and now they are crying because of it.  They are a joke.

The old districts on the whole made sense (except for Scranton et al being in the 10th which I'll accept probably was a gerrymander) from a geographic point of view.
I just don't see how PA-12 can be justified.

Politics.  It has always been that way.  I hope it stays that way.  It makes things interesting.
DarthKosh

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2004, 04:07:42 PM »

Glad to be back.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies