Can McCain Beat Clinton? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:57:37 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  Can McCain Beat Clinton? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Can McCain Beat Clinton?  (Read 5715 times)
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: December 25, 2007, 02:53:44 PM »

He may be too old to campaign but people really dislike Hillary. When she does that laugh, I know people that have to turn off their TV.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2008, 05:08:44 PM »

NO, he CANNOT beat Clinton.  By the time the campaign is over, every aspect of McCain being lockstep with Bush on many, many issues wil be driven home.  In 2006, Democrat governer Jennifer Granholm ran an ad that showed a picture challenger Dick DeVos morph into a picture of George Bush.  Long about next October expect to see John McCain (assuming that he is to be the nominee) attached to everything Bush, and everything republican.

The reason President Bush's approval rating is at 37%...is because 15% of Republicans who supported him during the '04 election, when his approval was 45-50%, are not currently approving. Take 10-15% and add it onto 37%...and he'd be right back around 50% where he was in November 2004. I expect this to happen by the time the convention rolls around and Republicans see him speaking at the convention, ect.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Not true. Republicans will unite, with the exception of an extremely small fraction of people. If Hillary is the nominee...she will also help unite the party.

Watch his speech at the 2004 convention, watch his victory speech in South Carolina...and you can see he isn't a terrible speaker. People like McCain becomes he comes off strong, honest and heroic...three things the Democrats have problems getting with their recent candidates.

Not true. I hear about more women who will vote against Hillary because they either don't like her...or don't think America is ready for a woman President *Something I disagree with, btw* than I have heard of women supporting her because she is a woman. Many of the women I've spoken to think a "President" is a "man's job"...and that's coming from women.

Not Florida, Missouri, West Virginia, Ohio and Nevada....maybe not even Arkansas.

Hillary is not unstoppable...hell...she is nearly losing the nomination to a guy who is an empty suit that nobody heard of 4 years ago....
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2008, 03:21:10 PM »

The title of this thread really should be reversed to "Can Clinton beat McCain".
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies