The world in Constituencies (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:33:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  The world in Constituencies (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The world in Constituencies  (Read 51151 times)
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« on: June 05, 2008, 08:58:06 AM »

France - six seats:

Ile-de-France: Right vs. Left battleground. Western Paris, 92, and 78 all for the right, 93 heavily for the left, 94 still polarized between left and right. Right wins when it wins nationwide, left wins when it wins nationwide. Far-right polls well in the 93. Commies do well in 93 and select areas of the 92 and 94. Seine-et-Marne overall rightwing, Val-d'Oise and Essonne more divided (Essonne leans rightie, though)
France North West: Left wins NPdC, Picardie, and probably Haute Normandie. Does well in Calvados and Cherbourg, right wins rural areas in Oise, Orne, Manche, Calvados, Marcq-en-Baroeul etc. Far-right polls well in NPdC and a few other areas in Picardie and Haute-Normandie but does usually awful in Basse-Normandie. A Communist party would do relatively well in the NPdC, Picardie, and Le Havre/Dieppe.
France North East: Right could probably sweep all 'regions' (assuming they become the subnational entities) if the election plays well for them. Lefties would do well in urban areas, Meurthe-et-Moselle, possibly Ardennes. The centrist party does well in Alsace (probably second in rural Alsace). Far-right would poll decently. Commies poll "decently" in northern Meurthe-et-Moselle (Longwy and the other thingee)
France West: Right vs. left battleground. Left wins urban areas and Bretagne, maybe Poitou-Charentes. Right polls well in rural pays de la Loire and Centre. Centrists do well in Bretagne and Pays de la Loire. Far-right almost irrelevant in most areas except a few thingees here and there.
France South East: Right-wing overall. Polls extremely well in Var, 06, some parts of the 13, Vaucluse, both Savoies (especially Haute-Savoie), Ain, northern Isere, rural Rhone and Loire. Left does well in parts of the 13, Lyon, Saint-Etienne, and Grenoble. A Commie party does well in Venissieux, Marseille-8, Givors, and possibly Saint-Etienne and Grenoble. Centrists also do well in Rhone, Savoie. Corse is still dominated by political dyansties. Would be amusing to see where the nationalists/autonomists/random mafia goes. Far-right polls quite well (very well in some areas).
France South West: Left-wing for sure. They do very well in the Midi-Pyrenees, Languedoc-Rousillon (save for Lozere), Limousin, Auvergne (except Cantal and Haute-Loire), and parts of Aquitaine (suburban Bordeaux, Landes, most of the Pyrenees-Atlantique). Right has some strength in Lozere, Cantal, Haute-Loire, northern Pyrenees-Orientales (could win the south of it if the conditions are right). Lot-et-Garonne and Tarn-et-Garonne probably the volatile areas. Left favoured in Tarn-et-Garonne though. Centrists poll well in Lozere, Cantal, Haute-Loire, and Pyrenees-Atlantique. Commies polls well in Allier, parts of Puy-de-Dome, parts of Herault and Pyrenees-Orientales. Far-right does OK in Languedoc-Rousillon, parts of Gironde and Lot-et-Garonne.

Right-wing victory scenario:
Right 4
Left 2

Left-wing victory scenario:
Left 4
Right 2
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2008, 06:18:05 PM »

Ok, here's my 1000~ district redux.

I'll start with Afghanistan

What is the ideal population by constituency?
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2008, 06:55:48 PM »

Can't wait for the rest. Wink

I'll do another analysis for France when you do it.
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2008, 06:07:27 PM »

Austria-Hungary? Best district name ever. Top marks for that one.
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2008, 04:54:05 PM »

Of course, I can set this up like a commission, and have detractors propose alternate ideas. I'm open to alter maps. I think it would be cool to use these maps to have some sort of fantasy election.

Excellent idea(s) right there! I'll probably be a 'detractor' when you do France Tongue
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2008, 07:24:33 AM »

Make France please!
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2008, 10:09:44 AM »

bump. I want more.