Bush Approval vs Terror Alerts
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 08:08:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Bush Approval vs Terror Alerts
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Bush Approval vs Terror Alerts  (Read 4529 times)
mddem2004

Political Matrix
E: -6.38, S: -4.00

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 07, 2004, 07:31:11 AM »

Interesting graph showing Bush's approaval rating and the timing of the Terror Alerts. Also shows which polls have strayed far from the median of a wide range of polls.

http://img57.exs.cx/img57/7638/aproval_vs_alert_chart.gif

It appears to me that the most consistantly near the median is Pew, the one that strays the most - American Research Group.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2004, 11:21:38 AM »

I hope the Kerry Administration will never give alerts and we lose 5000 this next hit.
khirkhib

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2004, 05:43:33 PM »

States Rights that statement is INSANE!  How could you HOPE for the death of 5000 people.  Your statements in general have been getting more and more radical.  

How many lives are you willing to sacrifice for a Bush win?

Really if I thought that I voting for Bush, or having Bush be the next President would preserve the lives of soldiers, would prevent terrorist attacks.  I would vote for him.  If I honestly thought that with Kerry is president more Americans would die than under Bush.  I would not vote for Kerry.  However,  I honestly feel that Bush is making the world more dangerous.  He is fanning the flames of extermism (on all fronts) and I believe that Kerry will protect the lives of Americans.  (Not to mention innocent people in third world countries)
freedomburns
FreedomBurns

Political Matrix
E: -7.23, S: -8.70

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2004, 07:26:53 PM »

Really StatesRights.  I have respect for you, but that posting is beyond the pale.  No one should wish for any act of terrorism.  This is rabid partisanship of the sort I have complained of previously.  The partisanship becomes so intense, and so like a game that winning becomes the only important thing.  Liberals are not the enemy.  Progressives are not worse than terrorists.

If Kucinich were President we would have a very just and peaceful society were everyone would prosper.  Apparently that would be worse to you than a terrorist  attack that kills twice what 9/11 did.

Meanwhile, you go around like some wizened old crone calling newbies "trolls".  Sheesh!

freedomburns
freedomburns
FreedomBurns

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2004, 07:28:22 PM »

Interesting graph showing Bush's approaval rating and the timing of the Terror Alerts. Also shows which polls have strayed far from the median of a wide range of polls.

It appears to me that the most consistantly near the median is Pew, the one that strays the most - American Research Group.

This is an awesome chart md.  Interesting to study.  It also looks like Gallup is consistently too high and NBC is consistently low.

Defarge

Political Matrix
E: -3.13, S: -0.72

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2004, 08:12:22 PM »

I hope the Kerry Administration will never give alerts and we lose 5000 this next hit.

StatesRights, do you honestly believe that if Kerry is elected the nation will go to hell and Kerry will do absolutely nothing to prevent terrorism?
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2004, 08:15:43 PM »

StatesRights, do you honestly believe that if Kerry is elected the nation will go to hell and Kerry will do absolutely nothing to prevent terrorism?

Kerry is a feeble appeaser IMHO. Being some great "war hero" is really meaningless. I think Kerry would go back to using police force to fight terrorism which is a utter waste of time. And yes, I do believe if Kerry is elected we will most likely have a devastating terrorist attack. These guys are getting out of Bush-League (sorry for the pun) tactics such as hijackings and car bombs and are headed towards nukes and bio weapons. My last comment was a little over the edge, I apologize, I was pissy at that moment. Smiley
Defarge

Political Matrix
E: -3.13, S: -0.72

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2004, 08:22:01 PM »
« Edited: August 07, 2004, 08:22:34 PM by Defarge »

Kerry is a feeble appeaser IMHO. Being some great "war hero" is really meaningless. I think Kerry would go back to using police force to fight terrorism which is a utter waste of time. And yes, I do believe if Kerry is elected we will most likely have a devastating terrorist attack. These guys are getting out of Bush-League (sorry for the pun) tactics such as hijackings and car bombs and are headed towards nukes and bio weapons. My last comment was a little over the edge, I apologize, I was pissy at that moment. Smiley

Well, if you believe that, I have no comment for you.  But, saying that whenever Democrats bring up the possibility of the exaggeration of terrorism for political gain does not a good argument make, my dissatisfied conservative countryman Smiley
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2004, 08:37:42 PM »

Their is no proof whatsoever that Bush releases terror alerts for political gain.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2004, 09:07:01 PM »

Their is no proof whatsoever that Bush releases terror alerts for political gain.

There is no proof whatsoever that Kerry wouldn't be better at the war on terror than Bush.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2004, 09:12:27 PM »

There is no proof whatsoever that Kerry wouldn't be better at the war on terror than Bush.

Yes their is. The year 1972 is a clear example. His votes against defense and his criticisms of the war. His record is clear but I know to most democrats here 2 + 2 = 5
mddem2004

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2004, 12:41:56 AM »

I must say States, this one takes the cake for you.....

Dispite your appology, judging from the Radical and seemingly Hate motivated things you say on this site, I must admit....I think you really believe the things you say sometimes. If that is the case, I am sorry for you.

Mind you, I did not comment on the graph I posted, I did not assert that Bush is issuing Terror Alerts for Political gain, I left that to be judged by the viewer.

In all truthfulness I posted it to show where the various polling firms fell in relation to the median of Bush's approval rating to show which firms are "off" and which ones are consistant.

But honestly States.....words have consequences, and I think sometimes maybe you should mind yours if you want people to take you at least somewhat seriously.

Appology Accepted Smiley
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2004, 12:45:16 AM »

What "Hate Motivated" things have I said? Or is it hateful only in the eyes of the liberals?
freedomburns
FreedomBurns

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2004, 12:47:06 AM »

Riiiight…and the correlations that this chart shows between them must be purely coincidental, too.  Pure coincidence.  Just like the fact that the terror alerts seem to be released based on shoddy old intelligence at the most politically opportune moments for the Republicans.  Like, for instance, two days after Kerry announces his VP running mate, or maybe three days after the end of the Democratic convention.  Hmm.   And I say again, hmm.

freedomburns
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2004, 12:47:56 AM »

The information they released was based on the intelligence they recieved from a captured Al Qaeda member.
mddem2004

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2004, 01:17:59 AM »

What "Hate Motivated" things have I said? Or is it hateful only in the eyes of the liberals?
Just for starters:
Your first post on this thread is a pretty good one....
I recall you calling Kerry a "Bastard" a day or two ago.....

But.....whatever, those that contribute to this site are well aware of your insightful analysis and commentary.

States, if you yourself can't recognize when your over the top, then I truly am sorry for you......but again, whatever.

Say what you will, I think most readers get a kick out of it and move on.........
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2004, 01:20:06 AM »

Like it or hate it I am entitled to my opinion. Whether you want to take me seriously or not that is all up to you. I post my opinions and that is all.
mddem2004

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2004, 01:29:40 AM »

For the sake of argument, notice that IF these Terror Alerts have SOME politcal motivation behind them (his approval rating does seem to bump up a bit after each one), there is definately a "diminishing rate of return" taking place.

Guess its time for a new bag of tricks.......

??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2004, 01:30:14 AM »

And also, I do believe Kerry is a liar that will tell you what you want to hear. So yes in that regards he is a bastard. The left bashes those who criticize anyone who questions his actions in Vietnam or his actions while a member of the VVAW. If Kerry doesnt want scrutiny for his service why does he continue to bring his service up? You know why he does? Because that's the only issue he has any traction on. The poll numbers right now are really meaningless because its a) August and b) We have not had the RNC or Debates yet. Many of you on this board bash Bush all the time yet they are given a pass? I know Republicans are a minority on this board and its only been getting worse here. You know my opinions and I am entitled to them. Whether you feel they are over the top or not is YOUR opinion. I have the right to post here with whatever comments I like. In your opinion my postings are only valid if I break down poll numbers and other BS numbers. But thats OK I understand you have the right to your opinion. Do you skip over the posts of No more lies? They are way over the top as well as those by FreedomBurns.
mddem2004

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2004, 01:49:59 AM »

Oh, you are so Right StatesRights....you can post anything you want here, and yes you are entitled to your opinion, no doubt you make that quite clear.

Frankly though....... my "opinion" your your opinions should not bother you being from the "left" and all that. But to most people the opinion of your piers (ie other conservatives) should be of some importance to you, and I am quite sure that many (or most) would agree that your "opinions" are rather shril, quite shallow, and show a near total lack of a grasp of History and a true paranoid phobia of "The Left", "Liberals", and anyone that disagrees with you.

But then again, thats just my "opinion". I'll let the other readers agree or disagree with me.......

And one more thing....FreedomBurns Rocks!
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2004, 02:11:39 AM »

You are right and oh so right! I am afraid of the far left. I watch their garbage on TV and read about the groups that are on the left such as ELF and moveon.org. And you can call it paranoia if you wish but I do fear for the future of our nation by groups like these. You can call me shallow or whatever thats ok. But most of the regular conservative posters who agree with me have given up arguing the facts anymore because Democrats don't want to hear it. You can question my knowledge of history but I assure you that would be wrong as I have read loads and loads of history. Most of the good conservative posters such as Ford, MarkDel and Soulty among others no longer post in the 2004 Election thread as they see it as a waste of time. Most of us post in the other sections of this forum such as US General Discussion, History or Fantasy politics, which I guess you should check out if you wish. I am probably going to stop posting in this section to and just let the lefters have it to babble on with their "Hate Bush" sentiments. You say freedomburns rocks but he is one of the most paranoid of the posters and examples would be "Bush will steal the election" and garbage that points to Bush somehow taking over the government or that somehow Bush knew that 9/11 was going to happen. Or he did nothing about it and ignored the threat...regardless of how much information Clinton sat on and other things Clinton covered up about Al Qaeda and their role in attacks in our nation. I am my own man and if some on my side disagree with me thats ok. But to call me "shallow" and "paranoid" yet say "FreedomBurns rocks" is kind of hypocritical.
freedomburns
FreedomBurns

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2004, 03:26:24 AM »

You are right and oh so right! I am afraid of the far left. I watch their garbage on TV and read about the groups that are on the left such as ELF and moveon.org. And you can call it paranoia if you wish but I do fear for the future of our nation by groups like these. You can call me shallow or whatever thats ok. But most of the regular conservative posters who agree with me have given up arguing the facts anymore because Democrats don't want to hear it. You can question my knowledge of history but I assure you that would be wrong as I have read loads and loads of history. Most of the good conservative posters such as Ford, MarkDel and Soulty among others no longer post in the 2004 Election thread as they see it as a waste of time. Most of us post in the other sections of this forum such as US General Discussion, History or Fantasy politics, which I guess you should check out if you wish. I am probably going to stop posting in this section to and just let the lefters have it to babble on with their "Hate Bush" sentiments. You say freedomburns rocks but he is one of the most paranoid of the posters and examples would be "Bush will steal the election" and garbage that points to Bush somehow taking over the government or that somehow Bush knew that 9/11 was going to happen. Or he did nothing about it and ignored the threat...regardless of how much information Clinton sat on and other things Clinton covered up about Al Qaeda and their role in attacks in our nation. I am my own man and if some on my side disagree with me thats ok. But to call me "shallow" and "paranoid" yet say "FreedomBurns rocks" is kind of hypocritical.

Hey wait a minute you blatant hypocrite.  You can post whatever you want, and people can take it or leave it right?  But can I also take or leave the mischaracterizations about me that you write in your posts?  

If you can't tell the difference between my serious points where I cite sources and facts and my tongue-in-cheek rants about Bush declaring martial law if Cheney gives him permission to do it, then that's your problem.  

I am not an ideologue.  I have already stated that I am extremely partisan, but not for the Dems or the Republicans, for the Greens, and that places me far to the left of most Dems.  

I post here because I like the fact that there are great posters like JF and MarkDel and Soulty who do an excellent job of holding up their side.  I have great respect for each of their intellectual abilities and it does give me pause that such smart men can hold view that are so diametrically opposed to mine.

I am not above being turned around on issues.  I have been swayed away from my rabid anti-gun position by debating on that issue with people.  I am still anti-gun, but I see why some feel it is important not to regulate.  I like this forum and it’s high level of intelligence (generally) because it forces me to do research to see if my rabid far-left positions are based on good evidence.  I am open-minded and willing to modify my positions with new information.

I have more respect for people who argue with facts and reason, and less for those who let their emotions get carried away.  Although I must admit that I can get passionate and hard-headed about certain issues, too.  I have no idea what the DU forum is, and it sounds like I don’t want to find out.  I found this site through natural curiosity in politics and Amerikan Wink history.

I would enjoy it more it if people would try to argue with facts and site reliable sources.  I am in the middle of compiling a response to JF’s challenges to me.  It’s coming.  It’s not as much fun as browsing around and bombthrowing, but I am committed to supporting my statements.  

I already basically won our first tussle over whether or not Mansoor Ijaz was credible.  JF has never responded with an attempt to shore up his argument, and therefore Fox News must by implication be using shoddy journalism and regular “experts” who spout BS.  (See below)

You must be logged in to read this quote.

And JF and I reached a good stopping point on our debate about whether Barbara Lee had good grounds to vote against the first bill for funding the so called “War on Terrorism”.  So we are just in between rounds right now.  I am not sluffing off yet.  Give me a sec.  His posting on Iraq sponsoring terrorism was like three pages long...

freedomburns
freedomburns
FreedomBurns

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2004, 03:53:12 AM »

We left-wingers have suffered through 16 years of Republican Presidents in the last 24.  We have lost control of all three branches of government, including the House of Representatives, something no one expected.  And it looks like it will stay that way for a while.  We have little hope of getting a majority in the Wahpreme Court (as you so artfully call it) possibly for decades to come.  Clarence Thomas is 56 years old, and will probably live to a ripe old age from staying active chasing skirts around the office and drinking lots of Pepsi seasoned with pubic hairs.

All of the branches of government will remain in Republican hands for the foreseeable future, almost certainly, except one.  There is maybe a 50-65% chance that we can take back the Executive Branch this year.  We may very well lose.  It might happen.  And we will be forced to whine (really loud) about it for the next four years.

If that is what you seem to be complaining about, then maybe you need to go outside and take a walk and breath the fresh air my friend.  In case you didn't notice, YOU ARE WINNING.

There is no culture war.  That's right wing propaganda.  What the Republicans are doing is tremendously effective.  They play the political game masterfully.  They control all of the mainstream corporate media outlets and make them say what they want and avoid what is too damaging in the interests of "national security".  This is the most secretive government that we have ever had.

It is amazing how they have controlled public opinion for so long.  If you analyze their platform it holds very little populist draw for those who make less than $200,000.00 a year or are not born again Christians.  And yet somehow they play up the differences and podge together a coalition of people under the banner "Republican" that has substantially ruled our govenment for most of the last two decades and is undeniably in full control right now.

My suggestiion is to stop whining.  I feel like this forum has a majority of right-wingers and you feel like it has a majority of left-wngers, so it is probably pretty even.  Leave the whining to us, especially if we lose in November.  We are the ones who have a right to whine right now.  

freedomburns
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2004, 05:05:06 AM »

'Proof'?  How would that even be possible?  In my opinion, the more ruthless and warlike the leader, the better he will fight the Islamic enemy.  (not terrorism)
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2004, 09:29:56 AM »

Uh, if every time the public starts worrying about terrorism, Bush's approval rating goes up...what exactly does that say about the Democratic Party?
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies